From Intellijel 7U to Pittsburgh EP-360

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, lisa, Joe.

Post Reply
User avatar
guigui
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:00 pm

From Intellijel 7U to Pittsburgh EP-360

Post by guigui » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:55 pm

Hi,

I have an almost full Intellijel 7U and I'm already thinking I'm getting next.

I'm not sure if I should get another Intellijel 7U or sell the one I already have if I should take the leap to a bigger one.

If I get another Intellijel's, I'd have 416hp plus the two 1U rows, for something like $ 1300.00. If I go Pittsburgh's way, 360hp, no 1U rows, $900.00.

Intellijel's are on the lightweight side, more portable. Pittsburgh's are sturdier but heavier.

When I bought the Intellijel's case, I thought I'd make mor use of the 1U rows, the 1/4" jacks and MIDI connections on the case. But that haven't happened, I'm not using the 1U row entirely and sometimes I consider getting some modules that would make those things kind of obsolete, like a MIDI to CV module (Polyend Poly 2 or FH-2).

What do you recommend?

User avatar
Illwiggle
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:56 pm
Location: SF, CA

Post by Illwiggle » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:08 pm

I have the 360, filled up for about a year now, and 2 smaller Structure cases. They all are fantastic! More than enuf power for whatever you throw at it!

User avatar
guigui
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:00 pm

Post by guigui » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:24 pm

Illwiggle wrote:I have the 360, filled up for about a year now, and 2 smaller Structure cases. They all are fantastic! More than enuf power for whatever you throw at it!
I imagine you have plenty of space in your place.

User avatar
joem
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 946
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:07 pm
Location: NYC

Re: From Intellijel 7U to Pittsburgh EP-360

Post by joem » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:35 pm

guigui wrote:When I bought the Intellijel's case, I thought I'd make mor use of the 1U rows, the 1/4" jacks and MIDI connections on the case. But that haven't happened, I'm not using the 1U row entirely and sometimes I consider getting some modules that would make those things kind of obsolete, like a MIDI to CV module (Polyend Poly 2 or FH-2).
They released a VCA for the 1U row, so you could always get a bunch of those. I think that'd be pretty handy actually! A bunch of VCA's, a few mults, a Quadratt or two... That's what I'd do with it.

User avatar
guigui
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:00 pm

Re: From Intellijel 7U to Pittsburgh EP-360

Post by guigui » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:46 pm

joem wrote:
guigui wrote:When I bought the Intellijel's case, I thought I'd make mor use of the 1U rows, the 1/4" jacks and MIDI connections on the case. But that haven't happened, I'm not using the 1U row entirely and sometimes I consider getting some modules that would make those things kind of obsolete, like a MIDI to CV module (Polyend Poly 2 or FH-2).
They released a VCA for the 1U row, so you could always get a bunch of those. I think that'd be pretty handy actually! A bunch of VCA's, a few mults, a Quadratt or two... That's what I'd do with it.
Right now I have the Audio I/O, Quadratt and a buff mult.

User avatar
Illwiggle
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:56 pm
Location: SF, CA

Post by Illwiggle » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:06 pm

guigui wrote:
Illwiggle wrote:I have the 360, filled up for about a year now, and 2 smaller Structure cases. They all are fantastic! More than enuf power for whatever you throw at it!
I imagine you have plenty of space in your place.
The 360 isnt that much bigger than any 2 row case, but it is heavy. I sit it on a table on a guitar stand.

mahler007
Common Wiggler
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:19 pm

Post by mahler007 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:18 am

I find the Intellijel 1U tiles to be extremely useful, especially the more utilitarian ones, since they save 3U space for more glamorous modules. I kind of wish I had another row in my 7U case for them.

If you have already duplicated what they offer in the 1U format with other 3U modules that you prefer, then I understand your predicament, but perhaps it's worth exploring their functionality a bit more?

In my case, I've got the µMIDI, Steppy, Buffered Mult, Digitank, and Audio I/O. They're all awesome. Wish I had room for a Quadratt, Noise Tools, VCA, and even more.

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”