MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

From Intellijel 7U to Pittsburgh EP-360
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author From Intellijel 7U to Pittsburgh EP-360
guigui
Hi,

I have an almost full Intellijel 7U and I'm already thinking I'm getting next.

I'm not sure if I should get another Intellijel 7U or sell the one I already have if I should take the leap to a bigger one.

If I get another Intellijel's, I'd have 416hp plus the two 1U rows, for something like $ 1300.00. If I go Pittsburgh's way, 360hp, no 1U rows, $900.00.

Intellijel's are on the lightweight side, more portable. Pittsburgh's are sturdier but heavier.

When I bought the Intellijel's case, I thought I'd make mor use of the 1U rows, the 1/4" jacks and MIDI connections on the case. But that haven't happened, I'm not using the 1U row entirely and sometimes I consider getting some modules that would make those things kind of obsolete, like a MIDI to CV module (Polyend Poly 2 or FH-2).

What do you recommend?
Illwiggle
I have the 360, filled up for about a year now, and 2 smaller Structure cases. They all are fantastic! More than enuf power for whatever you throw at it!
guigui
Illwiggle wrote:
I have the 360, filled up for about a year now, and 2 smaller Structure cases. They all are fantastic! More than enuf power for whatever you throw at it!

I imagine you have plenty of space in your place.
joem
guigui wrote:
When I bought the Intellijel's case, I thought I'd make mor use of the 1U rows, the 1/4" jacks and MIDI connections on the case. But that haven't happened, I'm not using the 1U row entirely and sometimes I consider getting some modules that would make those things kind of obsolete, like a MIDI to CV module (Polyend Poly 2 or FH-2).

They released a VCA for the 1U row, so you could always get a bunch of those. I think that'd be pretty handy actually! A bunch of VCA's, a few mults, a Quadratt or two... That's what I'd do with it.
guigui
joem wrote:
guigui wrote:

They released a VCA for the 1U row, so you could always get a bunch of those. I think that'd be pretty handy actually! A bunch of VCA's, a few mults, a Quadratt or two... That's what I'd do with it.

Right now I have the Audio I/O, Quadratt and a buff mult.
Illwiggle
guigui wrote:
Illwiggle wrote:

I imagine you have plenty of space in your place.

The 360 isnt that much bigger than any 2 row case, but it is heavy. I sit it on a table on a guitar stand.
mahler007
I find the Intellijel 1U tiles to be extremely useful, especially the more utilitarian ones, since they save 3U space for more glamorous modules. I kind of wish I had another row in my 7U case for them.

If you have already duplicated what they offer in the 1U format with other 3U modules that you prefer, then I understand your predicament, but perhaps it's worth exploring their functionality a bit more?

In my case, I've got the ┬ÁMIDI, Steppy, Buffered Mult, Digitank, and Audio I/O. They're all awesome. Wish I had room for a Quadratt, Noise Tools, VCA, and even more.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1