MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Naad ld4
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Naad ld4
sutekina bipu-on
Anyone own this? Been out for a little while it seems but it seems like there is no discussion at all on this. i was about to impulse buy one from Schneiders. Seems pretty sick, sounds good, maybe there would be more talk about it if there was more than like 2 minutes total of footage of it... its a 5 volter too Guinness ftw!
tiger001
i have one

sounds spectacular with EFX (outboard) added, very good in the MIX

i was in discussion with the developer to add/correct some features in the firmware and he added the code, but did not compile it so i cannot upload new firmware
no news form the dev since

do you know how to compile in truestudio/STM32 cubemix ?
sutekina bipu-on
tiger001 wrote:
i have one

i was in discussion with the developer to add/correct some features in the firmware and he added the code, but did not compile it so i cannot upload new firmware

never used truestudio but not scared of compiling code applause

i did notice codebase looks stagnant for it so not a lot of hope for future official updates hihi

seems like it has a great tone though, probably will have to look at one
cackland
tiger001 wrote:
i have one

Yes. Do you have the schematic for the board? Or know if it has a 'SWD' connector / onboard ST link embedded?

Assuming the firmware is open source? Unless the dev has only given you access to the files?
tiger001
no, code is public
it has SWD & i should / could flash with ST link (already installed on my PC, but did not try to connect)

latest project is here (with some changes made to MIDI mono / chromatic behavior & some optimisation for waveforms)

https://github.com/oxxxide/NAADLD4FIRMWARE
sutekina bipu-on
tiger001 wrote:
no, code is public
it has SWD & i should / could flash with ST link (already installed on my PC, but did not try to connect)

latest project is here (with some changes made to MIDI mono / chromatic behavior & some optimisation for waveforms)

https://github.com/oxxxide/NAADLD4FIRMWARE

Edits 4 days ago, might be a sign to get one d'oh!
cackland
Ok. You'll need an ST Link dongle, not just the software.

So when you were discussing with the dev, they never mentioned an update procedure? Flashing is relatively simple.
tiger001
yes that's exactly what he said; flashing is simple (but nothing more really)
-i think there is a little procedure in the manual

i have a dongle

just need the software (.hex) & i hope flashing is indeed simple & not destroying the device
paperCUT
Such a great price for a complex drum module.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1