MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

stop me before i shop again!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author stop me before i shop again!
Chuck E. Jesus
i know i said i wasn't going to buy any more gear this year, but this honey popped up on craigslist this am:

a 1959 Gibson ES 125T for $1000...of course i can't afford it, but it's a 1959 Gibson! i love old hollow bodies, and all the great old guits i had a chance with in the past slipped away, and i think the price is more than fair...looking at it tomorrow, i was the first caller so i think the guy will hold it until then...

(i thought i posted something about this before, so if this is a double, forgive me)
consumed
talk about 'stop me'
first, the wiard announcement.
then, the ah sale.

then, a fukkin SYNTHI AKS pops up in the local craigslist. wtf???
its a good thing that the synthi seller kinda disappeared--i could not live with my conscience if i would have let that opportunity go by.
Chuck E. Jesus
lerp wrote:
talk about 'stop me'
first, the wiard announcement.
then, the ah sale.

then, a fukkin SYNTHI AKS pops up in the local craigslist. wtf???
its a good thing that the synthi seller kinda disappeared--i could not live with my conscience if i would have let that opportunity go by.

yeah, there were a few things i wanted from AH...now i'm thinking about spending a grand? at least it will hold it's value, and i really want a very nice guitar...

BUT IT COST MORE THAN MY CAR!!!! cry lol
Muff Wiggler
no shit lerp... the wiard announcement caused me to spontaneously sink $2000 that I had NOT be budgeting for at all! haha the truth is i'm still feeling it

i don't know what i'd do if a synthi came up for sale here. i'd lose my mind, there's no way i could afford to buy it, and there's no way i could watch it sit. i might sell some pretty serious shit.
Muff Wiggler
by the way, damn damn damn sweet guitar Ross... i can feel your pain over this one
Chuck E. Jesus
Muff Wiggler wrote:
by the way, damn damn damn sweet guitar Ross... i can feel your pain over this one

tbh, i'm torn...i talked to a few people, and i think i could make some money off it, and it will be a tough purchase...but i don't like the whole attitude of looking at instruments as a way for profit, it's the reason the old stuff is so over priced...i really have to sleep on it...i would get a lot of use out of it, and there is other stuff i can sell...
consumed
Muff Wiggler wrote:
no shit lerp... the wiard announcement caused me to spontaneously sink $2000 that I had NOT be budgeting for at all! haha the truth is i'm still feeling it

i don't know what i'd do if a synthi came up for sale here. i'd lose my mind, there's no way i could afford to buy it, and there's no way i could watch it sit. i might sell some pretty serious shit.

same here on the wiard stuff, all credit card. didja get them yet?

the synthi showed up for $2300 with a couple things wrong with it, and the guy said he had dropped it off at an isoldit store already... ! yeah, you catch my drift.

anyway...yeah. we've got to get busy with the badass noisemakers weve already got! once upon a time, we craved...the very things that sit in front of us now. gotta give this debt accumulation a rest.
Chuck E. Jesus
lerp wrote:

anyway...yeah. we've got to get busy with the badass noisemakers weve already got! once upon a time, we craved...the very things that sit in front of us now.

no shit...that's why i didn't add to my eurorack, i'm good...i don't need another guitar either, but i'd like a very good one...the only thing that has me thinking is i can sell it (and the dude may have to someone else already)...funny thing is, i've been playing the shit out of my crappy japanese acoustic all day and having a blast smile
Muff Wiggler
yep, damn good point

i find it scary though...

grant discontinues 1200 series

john is the man behind blacet...

i really got thinking when larry hendry died, one man can effect so much in the modular world. tons of people depended on him

if something happened to ken stone, that would be a HUGE disaster to so many people

we are very close to completely losing the ability to buy new modular equipment. i feel it is coming closely. SMT and ROHS are both enormous blows to the longevity of our hobby

that's why i've been on such a frantic push, get all the metasonix, get all the blacet, get all the wiard....before they are gone

i'm almost there though

it's like pokemons

gotta catch 'em all

zerosum
Guitars are cool...Even when you dont need them, you still need them...
but yeaaaaaup...spending money when there is not enough money to be spending is a little disasterous...
Luckily most of the things on my list are things I need, so when I get them
it wont be like I splurged on a something I didnt need...
Although Im pretty damn broke :shock:
Yikes....
Chuck E. Jesus
<deleate>
Chuck E. Jesus
god damn, i see that picture, and i can't wipe the smile off my face....the fruit of my loins and such...
5inusoid
Maybe you should by the guitar for your daughter? wink
Chuck E. Jesus
5inusoid wrote:
Maybe you should by the guitar for your daughter? wink

that thing is long gone., i'm sure i could have ebayed it and doubled my money but i'm way opposed to that kind of thing...they had an early 60's ES 175 at Sam Ash the other day, horrible condition for $2199...

believe me, there are plenty of guitars around here lol

i am starting to think about a Doepfer Low Pass Gate (vactrol/buchla style filter), but that's only $125 smile i guess i should have thought about it a few weeks ago!
Muff Wiggler
vactrol based filters/gates are so cool sounding it's just nuts

i have the boogie filter which is a bastard crossbreed of the Moog ladder filter and a Buchla LPG

best filter EVER, ever ever ever ever

arriving any day now is a second one, along with a pair of Borg2 filters, which are a bastard crossbreed of the Korg MS20 filter and the Buchla LPG

Dr. Richter for prez!
Chuck E. Jesus
Muff Wiggler wrote:
vactrol based filters/gates are so cool sounding it's just nuts

i have the boogie filter which is a bastard crossbreed of the Moog ladder filter and a Buchla LPG

best filter EVER, ever ever ever ever

arriving any day now is a second one, along with a pair of Borg2 filters, which are a bastard crossbreed of the Korg MS20 filter and the Buchla LPG

Dr. Richter for prez!

i think that dude is in wisconsin (not that i get that way often)..milwaukee? maybe next year i'll go to the Midwest Analogue thingy (less than a two hour drive from me) , i think i gots an impressive enough setup to save face...i think mr. richter makes it there sometimes...
Muff Wiggler
yep, i think he goes every time, and indeed he's in Milwaukee 8)
J.w.M.
Muff-- I suppose I'm out of the loop. Is something in the works that could end Blacet Research? Because, were it on its way out the door, I'd stop saving for a Mobius and instead just go on a Blacet buying spree.

I'm hoping that's not what you meant and instead you're just saying that without John, there is no Blacet Research (*crosses fingers*)...
Muff Wiggler
sorry for any misunderstanding! i'm not aware of anything imminent threatening Blacet or any other modular company! thankfully 8)

i just meant to say that these companies are all basically one-man shops. if that person gets tired of it, or falls ill or something worse, that's it

which is still pretty grim! but as far as I know, all's well with the whole lot of 'em
J.w.M.
Good good.
Yeah, though, I certainly see what you mean-- without John Blacet faithfully doing an excellent job of producing module kits, my synth's DIY foundation would be at an end.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1