MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Ninja Tunes Erica Synths Zen Delay
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Ninja Tunes Erica Synths Zen Delay
dubonaire
Looks the business

https://www.ericasynths.lv/news/zen-delay/

nectarios
If they include a "non tape/pitch wobble" mode when the delay time changes, I am keen.
Panason
nectarios wrote:
If they include a "non tape/pitch wobble" mode when the delay time changes, I am keen.

+1...
onthebandwagon
That video is certainly something I didn’t need to watch this morning before having coffee...
dubonaire
onthebandwagon wrote:
That video is certainly something I didn’t need to watch this morning before having coffee...

I don't understand
onthebandwagon
dubonaire wrote:
onthebandwagon wrote:

I don't understand

Just a bit jarring without being fully awake.
miles_macquarrie
This delay looks pretty darn good. I recently traded my Strymon Dig and was looking at the El Capistan, but now I'm having second thoughts.
Leverkusen
nectarios wrote:

I guess that's what the mode switch does - 5 modes, mainly tape vs. digital delay.
dubonaire
miles_macquarrie wrote:
This delay looks pretty darn good. I recently traded my Strymon Dig and was looking at the El Capistan, but now I'm having second thoughts.

'm struggling to understand why this thread has no interest. It's an awesome delay.
anselmi
dubonaire wrote:
miles_macquarrie wrote:

'm struggling to understand why this thread has no interest. It's an awesome delay.

price and competition? seriously, i just don't get it
Kent
Probably because the market is flooded with delays of all kinds. Also, there are plug-ins. I pretty much stopped using outboard delays (mostly) and do processing in a dedicated laptop with a multi-channel interface.
Panason
Strymon boxes, Eventide H9 and now this ... they all seem great... but are they really that much better sounding than good plugins to justify the cost (and space, cables etc) ?
CF3
Panason wrote:
Strymon boxes, Eventide H9 and now this ... they all seem great... but are they really that much better sounding than good plugins to justify the cost (and space, cables etc) ?

They’re 100% justified if you’re using a mixing console and mixing OTB, or just have a bunch of synths and need instant reverb/delay with no hassles, no CPU load and no latency. Just route to an Aux Send/Return and have at it. Hardware FX still have their place, as well as software. Its all good.

As far as sounds goes.... beauty is in the eye of the beholder
dubonaire
CF3 wrote:
Panason wrote:

They’re 100% justified if you’re using a mixing console and mixing OTB, or just have a bunch of synths and need instant reverb/delay with no hassles, no CPU load and no latency. Just route to an Aux Send/Return and have at it. Hardware FX still have their place, as well as software. Its all good.

As far as sounds goes.... beauty is in the eye of the beholder

I use both. I like the way this is designed. One knob per function, filter, analogue tube stage, looks perfect for dub to me.
nectarios
455€ +vat.
I'll pass.
Muzone
If you want the 'dub sound' then I can see the attraction, but for that price range I'd go for the Thyme as that seems to have so much more to explore and experiment with.
Horses for courses though, and it certainly does look pretty......
Stüssy
Love the look, but I'll wait for the euro version. (Oh you bet they'll make one.)
I can smell the blueprints. thumbs up
hamildad
its called an analogue Delay but it also uses DSP.

I'd like to know more about the signal path and if there is ways to directly bypass elements you are not using.
dubonaire
hamildad wrote:
its called an analogue Delay but it also uses DSP.

I'd like to know more about the signal path and if there is ways to directly bypass elements you are not using.

The valve circuit is quite obviously an analogue pathway. The delay is DSP. Not sure if the 24db filter is analogue or digital but could be analogue.

It doesn't look to me like any circuitry is bypassed, it's just attenuated or the whole signal path bypassed completely. That seems perfectly logical to me.
Muzone
Filter is digital by the looks of it...
"...the great sound of our filter ICs made and developed in Latvia"
dubonaire
Muzone wrote:
Filter is digital by the looks of it...
"...the great sound of our filter ICs made and developed in Latvia"

Not that I mind so much, because i think the character circuit will be the valve, but IC filters can be analogue. Most of the famous retro synths used analogue ICs. Integrated circuits just means transitors on the same substrate and not discrete components. It doesn't mean digital logic.
Funky40
The demo had me very interested. (Just got a Benidub Echo though.)
So, comparing some Erica Delays i´m now much more fond of the Erica stereo Delay. ( additional functionality thru its buttons)
......just that tube sound hmmm.....

That one Demo of the Zen Delay is not enough that it could make me jump.
it shows good production skills and that the delay distorts nicely......

i´d really like to know if any of the Erica tube modules could do the trick (edit: added to the stereo delay) ?
....if somebody here is in the knows ?
but then, the Zen demo is so produced out......hard to tell anything in this regard, no ?
CosmicFlight
That valve colour sounds awesome at the start, but more i listen to it and more it start to be a bit sickening meh
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1