MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

IFM compared with CIAT functions
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author IFM compared with CIAT functions
southphillysynths
I have a cocobutter so far and have used Sidrax. I was trying to understand better the IFM module line better as each relates to either parts of Cocoquantus or Plumbutter.

If I'm wrong, absolutely let me know but it seems like the IFM modules can be thought of in terms of pieces of the Ciat Lonbarde line.

Dunst: Man With Read Steam
Fourses: Very Chaotic Quantussy? (ish)
Denum: Sydrax/Tetrax oscillators
Swoop: CV processor (not sure what to cmpare this with)
Sprott: Gong type filters?

I'm not sure if I'm even close in these thoughts trying to decipher the manuals and the few videos out there. If anyone has experience with these modules I would love to hear your input!
joey
i'm also really curious about this
electricanada
southphillysynths wrote:
I have a cocobutter so far and have used Sidrax. I was trying to understand better the IFM module line better as each relates to either parts of Cocoquantus or Plumbutter.

If I'm wrong, absolutely let me know but it seems like the IFM modules can be thought of in terms of pieces of the Ciat Lonbarde line.

Dunst: Man With Read Steam
Fourses: Very Chaotic Quantussy? (ish)
Denum: Sydrax/Tetrax oscillators
Swoop: CV processor (not sure what to cmpare this with)
Sprott: Gong type filters?

I'm not sure if I'm even close in these thoughts trying to decipher the manuals and the few videos out there. If anyone has experience with these modules I would love to hear your input!

I only have the Dunst and it only resembles the right section of mwrs. It lacks the sequencer, but it does have features the mwrs lacks, namely extra noise and random gate outs plus some panning VCAs. I find it a bit inscrutable, mostly because I lost interest in my eurorack after getting the Plumbutter and so haven’t really learned the Dunst module yet. I would sell the Dunst if anyone wants it, and sell my Sidrax too. I want to pair a Deerhorn organ with my pb, if anyone has a Deerhorn to move.
sb
I’ve had most of the IFM modules and the PB, Coco and Sidrax. Other than the aforementioned Dunst, I never really thought of the IFM’s as being euro versions of sections of the full Ciat instruments....they seemed more like their own thing to me, sharing the same spirit (and no doubt borrowing circuitry) as their wooden brothers. The Sprott for example was a very interesting filter with a lot of controls, but from memory not very Gongue like. Just my opinion of course.

Part of the Dunst does seem reminiscent of the noise section of the PB though...

Ultimately I sold the IFM’s as I prefer the idea of things being a closed instrument (ie the wooden boxes). The IFM’s also seemed a bit too cramped for me.
southphillysynths
I might be interested in that dunst hihi

I figured it might be more of a stand alone thing, hence PB selling as multiples of a few of them in a set.

I might just have to keep digging deeper and stay focused on the cocobutter...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1