||Polyend Poly 2 & OP-Z
| br>I am really confused, hopefully one of you will shed some light.
Setup on the Polyend:
- Set to 4 voices. V1->CH1, V2->CH2, V3->CH5, V4-CH7
- Mode set to Channel
Here are the issues I am having.
1) Gate1 reacts to all gates signals that the OP-Z sends, it's not only using the gate signals coming from CH1 as expected. When I activate OP-Z Track-1 and Track-7 and connect the Gate-1 to my clock IN, I get both rhythmic sequence mixed. This is unexpected.
2) While I can hear my VCO when I connect it to Gate3 and Pitch3, when I do the same with Gate4 and Pitch4 nothing is heard. I am lowering the OP-Z octave at the lowest, still nothing.
Somehow I am pretty sure I had this working. But I do not see what I am doing wrong, this is so simple (although I am a newbie)
Patches are simple, Voice3 works not Voice4
Voice3 : Gate3->VCF Gain, Pitch3->VCO 1v/oct, VCO Tri->VCF IN
Voice4 : Gate4->VCF Gain, Pitch4->VCO 1v/oct, VCO Tri->VCF IN
In the case of Voice4 and the OP-Z arp, I even think I could hear the arp sequence in my modular at one point. Not anymore, can't hear anything not even the notes when I play them.
Side note - I even have added O_c CopierMaschine (to see if the visual would even move) on the path of the Gate and the Pitch and when I am using Voice3 it works but nothing when I am using Voice4.
Anyone has been successful with these two connected together?
Thanks in advance. br> br>
| br>Other tests I have made...
- In the setup I am describing, I can assign to Polyend Voice 4 any channels from the OP-Z (1 to 8) and hear them. Only channel 7 does not work.
- I have confirmed that the OP-Z midi settings are the same for all 8 channels.
There seems to be something with the arp track on the OP-Z although I am almost 100% It did work at some point... br> br>
| br>yikes... i've been waiting to see if this module is the right way for me to connect my OP-Z to my eurorack. hopefully this gets sorted out! br> br>
| br>For those who care about the use of the OP-Z and Polyend Poly 2...
(and for the support team at Polyend...)
I am pretty confident that I am doing things right at this time and still I encounter unexplainable behaviours.
OP-Z is connected directly to the Polyend Poly-2 Host USB Type-A port.
Here is a simplified description of my setup and the observed behaviours.
On the OP-Z (Firmware 1.2.8) :
1) Midi setup: only MIDI Clock Out and Outgoing MIDI enabled. (in module mode only leds 3 and 5 are lit)
2) Tracks 1-8 are set to spit out midi (in module mode, shift pressed, leds 1-8 are lit)
Note: Although #2 above, the tracks have to be audible for the MIDI message to be sent (This is unexpected but not in the way for the issue I am describing here). As such in the test below all OP-Z tracks are turned on (in Mixer mode, pressing shift shows all 16 leds lit).
On Polyend Poly 2 (Firmware 1.1):
1) Only 1 voice is setup, mode channel, when I bind it successively to each of the channels I observe the following:
CH1: All gate events for all the tracks on the OP-Z are received
CH2,5: No gate signal received
CH3,4,6,7,8: OK, gate events from respective track are received
- When I go to Setup/Gate View, only 1,3,6,7 are lit.
- CC1 is configured as Clock (which works but I do not understand how the binding to the right midi channel works here)
Anyone can make sense of this? Your help is greatly appreciated. br> br>
| br>did you try contacting Polyend with this? They are pretty responsive on Facebook... br> br>
| br>That was my next step, as somehow the behaviour is flaky, now the clock via CC no longer works... Can't make sense of this. br> br>
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group