MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Select Bus Problems
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Select Bus Problems
javes777
Hi Os,

I have 8 distings hooked up to your select bus module and sending CC for parameter changes to them using Lemur and I'm saving and recalling using program changes in the usual way.

However, my Lemur instance is also sending CC through the select bus module (the out is just a copy of the in on the select bus module??) into the midi breakout for the FH-2.

The problem I have is that if too much midi data (not on any CC the distings actually use) is received by the distings, they all kinda crash and stop responding to midi at all. They seem to work fine in themselves. I have to reboot them all to get the midi working again.

Pitchbend data I have running from an LFO on Lemur seems to cause the issue for example.

The distings are set to midi channels 1 to 8 for the CC parameter changes, but the select bus program change is set to channel 1 which all the distings pickup anyway. Midi thru on the distings is off.

I don't think Lemur is at fault, as the midi messages are still being received fine on the FH2 - which is still responding and showing the midi history. (midi history has been a great help getting my template this far!)

Please could you take a look into this for me?

Thanks!
os
Does it make any difference which algorithms the distings are running?
javes777
Not that I have noticed.
os
Quote:
I have to reboot them all to get the midi working again.

Does changing algorithm (& back) restore MIDI functionality?
javes777
Hi os.

I’ll check tonight.

I’ve also noticed that when a save select bus message is sent, z is returned back to the knob value even though I’m sending z cc.

Is there any chance the z cc could be saved with the select bus, or at least the z value staying at the cc after the save?

Thanks
javes777
Hi Os,

Changing the algorithm does restore MIDI - for that Disting. smile

Ta
os
OK, so I think what we're looking at is the MIDI receiver overflowing when the disting is busy doing something that takes a long time - e.g. a preset save, or a SD card operation. Changing algorithm resets that.

Any idea what that long operation might be, in your case?
javes777
It is when saving a recalling presets via program change.
os
Please could you try this beta and see if it's improved?
javes777
Thanks very much Os. I’ll test tonight.

Did you see the above note above saving z?

Ta
os
I did.
javes777
Hi Os,

Unfortunately, the beta did not work.

I send pitch bend data by an LFO from Lemur and the select algorithm function works a couple of times then freezes. Same for using both program change and CC to select the algorithm.

Thanks
os
Please let me know which specific algorithms you're switching between via MIDI and I'll see if I can reproduce your exact setup.
javes777
It is any algorithm. But I was going between b7 and a1.
os
There's actually a chance that B7 is a special case. Could you try going between A1 & A2, say?
javes777
I’ll try tonight Os.
javes777
Hi Os,

Moving between A1, A2 and A4 works. But pretty much everything else causes it to freeze.

Thanks
os
Could you please try the attached with B7?
javes777
Hi Os,

B7 works now, but B3 doesn't as well as lots of others.

Ta
os
Cool. Could you try this one?
javes777
Hi Os,

B3 now works, but it is still freezing on the Env algos, G7, H5, most of the I algos. I stopped checking after that..

Ta
javes777
Hi os.

Any more updates for me to test?
os
This should sort out the envelopes and Euclideans.
javes777
Thanks for the update Os.

I've not been able to try it yet, but there are further problems with the SB..

Saving SB 3 or 4 times seems to then crash the SB and all my disting memories of the saves are gone. It starts to work again after a few more saves, but what I had is still gone.

Can you confirm at your side?

Ta
javes777
javes777 wrote:
Thanks for the update Os.

I've not been able to try it yet, but there are further problems with the SB..

Saving SB 3 or 4 times seems to then crash the SB and all my disting memories of the saves are gone. It starts to work again after a few more saves, but what I had is still gone.

Can you confirm at your side?

Ta

Hi Os,

The problem actually occurs on the 6th save from powering up the distings.

All I'm doing is changing one parameter and saving with the program changes. Nothing fancy or complicated happening with the midi.

This happens on lots of algorithms.

Changing algo or rebooting the distings does not bring back the saves.

Once this is fixed, I'll be able to share the Lemur template as it is finished. smile

Thanks
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2