MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

CGS 1973 VCF and Triple Waveshaper questions
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author CGS 1973 VCF and Triple Waveshaper questions
pftjschute
Getting started on my first Serge build and I ran into a little confusion on two things.

1973 VCF (CGS77):
- The component kit from Elby contains 2 100nf polyester caps and 3 ceramic caps but I'm confused which caps need to go where.
- I put the polyester caps where I think they should go (circled in yellow). In the picture on the CGS build documentation page they reach all the way across their rectangles.

Triple Waveshaper:
- All of the diodes on the board should be 1n4148, but the kit also included a single 4v7 diode and I don't know where it's supposed to go

*Please let me know if there would be a more appropriate thread to post on instead of creating a new thread.*
djs
pftjschute wrote:
. In the picture on the CGS build documentation page they reach all the way across their rectangles.

This is to accommodate different part sizes. If you look at the traces on the board, the holes on each end should be all linked to each other.
djs
pftjschute wrote:
- All of the diodes on the board should be 1n4148, but the kit also included a single 4v7 diode and I don't know where it's supposed to go

Per the bom here:
https://www.elby-designs.com/webtek/cgs/serge/cgs77/kc-2-cgs77.pdf

There isn't a 4V7 diode (I'm assuming it's a zener) needed for this build. When I built mine, I don't remember one on there either. My guess is you just got a bonus part.

Are you short a 1N4148 somewhere?
Le Thon
Yes, Poly caps in Yellow circle, Ceramic in red circle.
No 4v7 diode in TWS, only 12x 1N4148.

*Better to ask that on the Music Tech DIY sub-forum, i think.
Cheers
pftjschute
thank you, will put this in that sub next time
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1