MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Dreadbox Chromatic Modules just showed up on MG
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author New Dreadbox Chromatic Modules just showed up on MG
base615
I think they look interesting and pretty good value. Website says available in December.

https://www.dreadbox-fx.com/chromatic-modules/

suthnear
Really nice designs, both in terms of functionality and appearance...
Agawell
wow... and more coming soon!
Joe.
Quantize on the VCO, mix and vca on the filter. The designers are definitely going for value with all the features at the price theyre doing.

thumbs up
steveoath
Very interested in hearing these and seeing how the non audio stuff works. The delay is making me drool though!!!
comacomfort
This is super intriguing, especially the filter/vca/mixer

The low price brings so many questions, theyre basically undercutting their own higher end product line

Do they come calibrated or tested?

surely these must be made in china? like the Behringer ones?
DMR
comacomfort wrote:
This is super intriguing, especially the filter/vca/mixer

The low price brings so many questions, theyre basically undercutting their own higher end product line

Do they come calibrated or tested?

surely these must be made in china? like the Behringer ones?

Their existing modules are already very reasonably priced, for example their White Line VCO is 109 euros vs this new VCO for 100 euros.
deftinwulf
Very exciting stuff. I wonder, is that VCO digital? Seems like it has some really excellent features for the price. I really like those clear/light up trimmer pots that they're using on these. Looking forward to seeing what else comes down this line.
skautkurt
deftinwulf wrote:
Very exciting stuff. I wonder, is that VCO digital? Seems like it has some really excellent features for the price. I really like those clear/light up trimmer pots that they're using on these. Looking forward to seeing what else comes down this line.

Just had a look on their website, seems to be analog.
cg_funk
I found a demo of the set here:

Looks pretty cool!
rayultine
holy moly, chromatic modules just showed up for sale at vintage king. I thought they were going to be 100 Euros, but they're $100!!!

Licudi
Not in the UK until December 2019 according to Nova:

HYSTERIA – Performance VCO – £89 inc VAT

Voltage Controlled Oscillator with variable Waveform and OSC/SEMITONE Quantization

EUDEMONIA – Filter/Mixer/VCA – £79 inc VAT

Multi-Purpose LP/HP Filter with 3 input Mixer and Voltage Controlled Amplifier

NOSTALGIA – 3 Stage Delay – £79 inc VAT

Up to 1 second 3 stage Delay with Triangle/Pulse Wave LFO and Multiple Tap Output

ATAXIA – Dual Modulator – £79 inc VAT

Dual Purpose LFO/ function generator or ADSR envelope with separate trigger input

DYSTOPIA – Noise/Crush/Filter – £79 inc VAT

Multi-Purpose Noise/Glitch/Bit Crusher/Random Gate and voltage Generator that can also process external audio

UTOPIA – CV/Audio Manipulator – £69 inc VAT

Multi-Purpose 4 Channel Summing Mixer / Splitter with LFO and Pulserizer FX
parasabda
also very excited about these!

I think modules like these are not just capable of getting people more interested in modular synthesis, but also getting people to understand why it is so great. Something in my opinion you can't do with some weird battery powered toy or even some giant expensive yellow toy.

also really like that they snuck extra lfo's into half of these modules.

also anyone know about the Utopia's Pulserizer effect? Is this just a typical distortion type of effect. Symmetrical-clipping? just something to add odd harmonics or is there something else at play here?
motorhead412
i love those colors!
WaveRider
yes very nice, even better than the white line modules
Just another rookie
I discovered these, they appear to be in stock at Kmr audio uk.
Interested in the delay......
mother misty
A new in-depth walkthrough from these modules.
Pretty amazing value for money, the filter/vca/mixer and delay look really interesting.

anselmi
great price!
lot of features, some quite unusual!
good sounding too!
hideous colors!
mother misty
anselmi wrote:
great price!
lot of features, some quite unusual!
good sounding too!
hideous colors!

I'm not that crazy about the colors myself, but when you put out a 'chromatic' line, it doesn't make much sense to put them in black or silver.
I can imagine they probably would sell even more if they do cool
joem
I welcome the colors gladly. I can't wait to get some of these!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1