MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Reverb + Delay at the same time in one module?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Reverb + Delay at the same time in one module?
helder
Hi,

I searched but did not find...

Is there a nice (small if possible) effects module with Delay AND Reverb at the same time? I see many that have one or both, but can only process one at a time, and I am looking for a module that could do both in a chain (delay -> reverb), and in stereo ideally.

I have clouds but the delay is not really a delay, or is it? Reverb on it is nice but also not tweakable. I also have a disting mk4 (nice delays, but horrible reverbs in my opinion, and can't do both in chain).

Thanks in advance.
helder
Searching in Modular Grid, some answers to my question:

- Erica Synths Black Hole DSP has a "delay into reverb" effect
- Magneto has a delay into a spring reverb emulator (reverb not tweakable though apparently)
- FxBox from 1010 Music I think can do this too (and much more), but is big...
- could get two erica synths Pico DSP and send a delay into a reverb (only in 6hp...) -> My Favourite option for now
hlprmnky
Take a listen to some of the Mimeophon demos, especially a sweep of the HALO control from CCW to CW. It’s not, like, “here is a delay with all the expected delay inputs/controls, and here is a reverb with all its expected inputs/controls, and one feeds into the other”, but high HALO values do give a wonderful wash of reverb goodness to the sounds it makes.
starthief
The delay in Clouds Parasite is quite good, and the reverb is... serviceable.

Mimeophon's "Halo" is pretty close to reverb.

You're probably better off with specialized effects though... pedals or plugins if not Eurol.
Johnnyfive
helder wrote:
I have clouds but the delay is not really a delay, or is it

it can operate like a conventional delay, especially in looping delay mode - it has a time, feedback, and wet/dry mix.
helder
Thank you all for the feedback. I will explore clouds delay a bit more, and also look at the mimeophon. I agree about the specialized effects. I though of going the external mixer+pedals route but I would prefer to keep it simple and contained...
danishchairs
The “World of Echo” instrument that comes with the Qu-Bit Nebulae 2 can do delay and reverb at the same time. (See pages 24-25 of the manual.) Smaller than the 1010 module (20HP vs 26HP).
ggillon
Erica synths dual FX.

Channel 1 output is normalised into input 2 so you get your delay into reverb (or any combination you prefer from the available effects).

10hp
Stereo
Severed head
guitar FX pedal
Pighood
Just picked up a used Korg Kaoss Pad Mini....works a treat for this.
natureclubcassettes
i love the delay in clouds parasites and will probably get a mimeophon soon as well. the reverb in clouds is fine, but i also have an erbe for more esoteric uses.

regardless, i wouldn't want just one module that always does both at the same time.

there are a slew of FV-1 based modules with multiple banks of delays/reverbs, though this might not be helpful. you're probably familiar with ZDSP and the upcoming synth tech one, but they're both not small.

this would not be my choice, but you could get the 2hp modules that offer these effects (no disrespect meant towards 2hp). that's pretty small i guess... and i have heard people say really nice things about both modules.

is there a reason that you need this to be permanently chained and in a small space constraint? others have mentioned pedals, which take up 0 hp, though i understand wanting to keep it all "in the box". that said, a boss dd-7 is stereo and can be tempo synced with CV and can be cheaply paired with an rv-5 for a fine stereo fx chain.
natureclubcassettes
double post please delete
Illwiggle
Recovery Effects has something, I believe.....Dirty Murals is it? Its a combo verb & delay probably with some distortion or feedback. And I recall reading about Earthquaker Devices making an Avalanche Run module version of the pedal sometime in the near future, which is a combo effect too, which sounds pretty awesome in pedal form.....I can only imagine what modulation can accomplish
Illwiggle
Recovery Effects has something, I believe.....Dirty Murals is it? Its a combo verb & delay probably with some distortion or feedback. And I recall reading about Earthquaker Devices making an Avalanche Run module version of the pedal which is a combo effect too, which sounds pretty awesome in pedal form.....I can only imagine what modulation can accomplish
helder
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I think I will go with a pico DSP and a 2hp Verb, for stereo delays and reverbs. Together with my disting and clouds I think I have a quite workable chain of effects.

I am not looking for too fancy effects, just simple - but good sounding - delays and reverbs suffice, one per voice, or per two voices.
ggillon
helder wrote:
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I think I will go with a pico DSP and a 2hp Verb, for stereo delays and reverbs. Together with my disting and clouds I think I have a quite workable chain of effects.

I am not looking for too fancy effects, just simple - but good sounding - delays and reverbs suffice, one per voice, or per two voices.

Just for info, the Dual FX is almost the same price as a PICO DSP + 2HP verb.

It contains mostly the same DSPs as Pico DSP, allows for more effect combinations, parameters save and recall, and has 2 CV inputs to control the various parameters.

Based on your last post, if I were you, I'd buy the Dual FX. Unless you dislike the reverbs from it, or can't afford more than 5HP.

But I'm not you so it's all hypothetical razz

2HP Verb VS Pico DSP verb (same as dual FX) VS other verbs:

mcpepe
There is also the new upcoming FV-1 bases module effect from Happy Nerding. 4HP
helder
ggillon

Thanks for the suggestion. Indeed it seems like a good choice the dual fx but ideally I would like to not go beyond 6hp...will have to think about it.

Unforunately in the compariuson video I don't like the 2hp verb sound very much, and very much prefer the pico dsp one...one more thing to consider. Unfortunately the pico dsp only has mono in, so I could not link two together in stereo...
helder
Pighood wrote:

Please: can you tell me how you hook up the kaoss pad to your eurorack? Do you use an external mixer with send fx, or do you use send fx modules like the ferry?

I would prefer to keep it all contained, but I am open to simple setups with minimum external gear.
ggillon
helder wrote:
ggillon

Thanks for the suggestion. Indeed it seems like a good choice the dual fx but ideally I would like to not go beyond 6hp...will have to think about it.

Unforunately in the compariuson video I don't like the 2hp verb sound very much, and very much prefer the pico dsp one...one more thing to consider. Unfortunately the pico dsp only has mono in, so I could not link two together in stereo...

Ah in that case I believe even with the internal patching, the Dual FX also only allows mono in.

That said, with 2 stereo outputs, you can have a stereo delay on output one, a stereo reverb image of the delay (in mono) on output 2. Through some mixing it'll be pretty close to chaining two stereo effects.

Otherwise if budget is not an issue, Strymon AA1 + a Meris Polymoon + Meris Mercury7. Only 4HP, true stereo signal path Dead Banana
igorrr
If you do not mind to wait a bit – FX AID has a dedicated Delay into Reverb algos, including Delay into Shimmer.
helder
igorrr wrote:
If you do not mind to wait a bit – FX AID has a dedicated Delay into Reverb algos, including Delay into Shimmer.

This sounds good!!
Pighood
helder wrote:
Pighood wrote:

Please: can you tell me how you hook up the kaoss pad to your eurorack? Do you use an external mixer with send fx, or do you use send fx modules like the ferry?

I would prefer to keep it all contained, but I am open to simple setups with minimum external gear.

Kaoss pad line out L/R (RCA connectors) to inputs of channels 11/12 of mixer.
Kaoss pad line in L/R (RCA connectors) to STEREO TRS monitor send jack.

This enables the Kaoss pad to be used as an instrument "wedded" to the modular...as a master effects device. But if I want pure modular without going through the Kaoss pad, its inputs are at channels 9/10. So in this way, I can approximate the "blend" feature with no button pushes.
Tun
Koma Field Kit FX with the accessory pack including spring tank. Brilliant little box of goodness, love it to bits.
continuum
We will be announcing a new line of effects modules in October that include multiple delay and reverb combinations. Still working on finalizing which algorithms will be included but there will be at least a mono modulated delay into a Hall option and possibly other variations (Tape -> Plate, for example).
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3