Tasty Chips ECR-1 Convolution Reverb

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

Post Reply
User avatar
Hovercraft
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1109
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:22 am
Location: DC

Tasty Chips ECR-1 Convolution Reverb

Post by Hovercraft » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:41 pm

New module from Tasty Chips dropped at the Dutch Modular Fest—ECR-1 Convolution Reverb.

[video][/video]

comacomfort
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:56 am
Location: Canada

Post by comacomfort » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:54 pm

very intriguing! Glad to see Convolution in euro.

This looks like a prototype mockup, I wonder what the final size will be?

I wonder if it will be able to pitch the samples, so we can perfectly tune the "size" of the reverb spaces and dial in the perfect amount of resonation that's in tune.

User avatar
cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:42 pm
Location: Los Angeles, California

Post by cackland » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:57 pm

Thanks for sharing. Been watching the thread, eager to see what they come up with.

User avatar
slumberjack
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 999
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:27 am
Location: 44G
Contact:

Post by slumberjack » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:02 am

...yesssss. kinda huge footprint but i'll take that for the studiocase where space isn't that big issue. :guinness:

61050
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 281
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:39 pm

Post by 61050 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:43 pm

damn. :eek:

wonder how deep this is. i have no room for it, but would fully get one of those 4ms pods to hold this.

mungo had the c0, and i was under the impression they were planning something new along these lines based on an email i sent like a year ago. this looks ace though. convolusion reverb = best reverb. :love: :love:

User avatar
brandonlogic
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2274
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:17 am

Post by brandonlogic » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:47 pm

any updates on this? estimated price and hp?

User avatar
cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:42 pm
Location: Los Angeles, California

Post by cackland » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:21 pm

brandonlogic wrote:any updates on this? estimated price and hp?
Yes, this would be nice.

User avatar
Rigo
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2342
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:48 am
Location: Belgium

Re:

Post by Rigo » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:59 pm

cackland wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:21 pm
brandonlogic wrote:any updates on this? estimated price and hp?
Yes, this would be nice.
https://www.tastychips.nl/news1/

Supposed to be wit beta testers in January ...

B0bcat
Common Wiggler
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:07 pm

Re: Tasty Chips ECR-1 Convolution Reverb

Post by B0bcat » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:28 pm

Latest panel looks like 22 or 24 hp?
WTB: Plan B or SubCon Model 15 VCO, Intellijel Dixie v1, Doepfer A-129-5

User avatar
cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:42 pm
Location: Los Angeles, California

Re: Tasty Chips ECR-1 Convolution Reverb

Post by cackland » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:53 pm

Keen to see the PCB, wonder if they could of design the interface to be smaller.

User avatar
brandonlogic
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2274
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:17 am

Re: Tasty Chips ECR-1 Convolution Reverb

Post by brandonlogic » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:14 pm

cackland wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:53 pm
Keen to see the PCB, wonder if they could of design the interface to be smaller.
I was hoping it would be smaller, but I asked Tasty Chips via facebook and they said the final module will be the same HP as the one in that demo video.
Probably not going to work out for me, as i dont think i can free up that much hp to dedicate to reverb since im already maxed out :deadbanana:

User avatar
Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2369
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:14 pm
Location: ABQ,NM

Re: Tasty Chips ECR-1 Convolution Reverb

Post by Zymos » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:23 pm

My impression of course was also "wish it was smaller". Attractive design though.

Lafauna
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 7:43 am
Location: Barcelona, Catalunya

Re: Tasty Chips ECR-1 Convolution Reverb

Post by Lafauna » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:43 pm

This is what I need. But to big!

User avatar
cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:42 pm
Location: Los Angeles, California

Re: Tasty Chips ECR-1 Convolution Reverb

Post by cackland » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:55 pm

There is a major difference between crammed (like a lot of the micro mutable modules) and a well designed, feature rich module that has space to move, yet small enough. With speculation (without seeing the PCB), going for a 2 stack PCB, controls on one, components on the other and condensing the size is important to those who have limited space. Unless the module has a bunch of features that requires additional sub circuits -> which would increase the size. Not saying this doesn't, although speculating most of the 'circuitry' is on an mcu.

User avatar
brandonlogic
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2274
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:17 am

Re: Tasty Chips ECR-1 Convolution Reverb

Post by brandonlogic » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:37 pm

this would actually be a cool stand alone desktop unit

User avatar
MarilynMonroe
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:13 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: Tasty Chips ECR-1 Convolution Reverb

Post by MarilynMonroe » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:37 am

cackland wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:55 pm
There is a major difference between crammed (like a lot of the micro mutable modules) and a well designed, feature rich module that has space to move, yet small enough. With speculation (without seeing the PCB), going for a 2 stack PCB, controls on one, components on the other and condensing the size is important to those who have limited space. Unless the module has a bunch of features that requires additional sub circuits -> which would increase the size. Not saying this doesn't, although speculating most of the 'circuitry' is on an mcu.
Oh I think it‘s just one PCB because I assume it‘s a fully digital circuit running a standard Linux OS as their granular synth does. May possible, isn‘t it? :despair:
--
in Love
MarilynMonroe

User avatar
cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:42 pm
Location: Los Angeles, California

Re: Tasty Chips ECR-1 Convolution Reverb

Post by cackland » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:02 am

MarilynMonroe wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:37 am
cackland wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:55 pm
There is a major difference between crammed (like a lot of the micro mutable modules) and a well designed, feature rich module that has space to move, yet small enough. With speculation (without seeing the PCB), going for a 2 stack PCB, controls on one, components on the other and condensing the size is important to those who have limited space. Unless the module has a bunch of features that requires additional sub circuits -> which would increase the size. Not saying this doesn't, although speculating most of the 'circuitry' is on an mcu.
Oh I think it‘s just one PCB because I assume it‘s a fully digital circuit running a standard Linux OS as their granular synth does. May possible, isn‘t it? :despair:
Could possibly be. I was merely suggesting, if the panel pcb was stacked with a second pcb, that would allow the components to be on one and the controls to be on the other = smaller / more ergonomic module.

User avatar
MarilynMonroe
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:13 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: Tasty Chips ECR-1 Convolution Reverb

Post by MarilynMonroe » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:46 pm

cackland wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:02 am
MarilynMonroe wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:37 am
cackland wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:55 pm
There is a major difference between crammed (like a lot of the micro mutable modules) and a well designed, feature rich module that has space to move, yet small enough. With speculation (without seeing the PCB), going for a 2 stack PCB, controls on one, components on the other and condensing the size is important to those who have limited space. Unless the module has a bunch of features that requires additional sub circuits -> which would increase the size. Not saying this doesn't, although speculating most of the 'circuitry' is on an mcu.
Oh I think it‘s just one PCB because I assume it‘s a fully digital circuit running a standard Linux OS as their granular synth does. May possible, isn‘t it? :despair:
Could possibly be. I was merely suggesting, if the panel pcb was stacked with a second pcb, that would allow the components to be on one and the controls to be on the other = smaller / more ergonomic module.
Yes I‘m with you, a smaller front panel would be very appreciated, indeed. :tu:
--
in Love
MarilynMonroe

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”