MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Analogue polyphonic synthesizers - percussive examples
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Analogue polyphonic synthesizers - percussive examples
felix le chat
Hello

I am looking for examples, demos, albums, movies, or whatever featuring an analogue polyphonic synth used polyphonically for funky rhythmic chords, jazz/rock/tropical "guitar"- or "piano"-style grooves and chords, polyphonic improvisations, etc

Almost all I found was: pads, sounds with attack and release times both well over 1s (+lots of reverb), pop ballads, monophonic arpeggiators (usually with echo FX and excessive reverb), and monophonic stuff in general

Is there anything less slow, less contemplative? I know it is possible, even if I never played an analogue poly, but would like to hear some examples

I will try in a shop as soon as possible!

Thanks for your help
Panason
I thought of some but it's probably all digital seriously, i just don't get it
Pretty sure early techno / house trance records had some.
wickfut
like this?

https://youtu.be/yudY1_DlAnQ
Blairio
Lots of folk used to use synths to build percussive ( including tuned percussion) sounds.

For instance, Japan patched all the weird oriental percussive sounds on the Tin Drum album using a Prophet 5.

Or the early Grace Jones albums have some great funky synth textures programmed and played (I think) by Bernie Worrel. The great track Libertango comes to mind.
CalvaryBand
Blairio wrote:
Or the early Grace Jones albums have some great funky synth textures programmed and played (I think) by Bernie Worrel. The great track Libertango comes to mind.

I think you're referring to Wally Badarou. There are some good examples on those albums for sure; "Warm Leatherette" is one of my favorite albums.

Wally is a master at this type of sound.

blakeq
Wally was sampled for some massive attack tracks, definitely recommended!
tim gueguen

Blairio
CalvaryBand wrote:
Blairio wrote:

I think you're referring to Wally Badarou. There are some good examples on those albums for sure; "Warm Leatherette" is one of my favorite albums.

Wally is a master at this type of sound.

You are right. Wally Badarou played keyboards on all the tracks on the Nightclubbing album.

As a sidenote, I saw Astor Piazzola and The New Tango Quintet when they played Glasgow in the mid 1980's including a performance of Libertango, which was his own composition. Magical stuff.
JT89
Great links, thanks.
felix le chat
Thanks for the examples!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1