MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

What is the best 4x4 usb interface for recording a modular?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author What is the best 4x4 usb interface for recording a modular?
miqraw
What is the best 4x4 usb interface for recording a modular?
brandonlogic
maybe more than your needs but check this out

https://www.perfectcircuit.com/expert-sleepers-es-9.html?gclid=EAIaIQo bChMIs9CS0fyA5QIVT9bACh1kZQRpEAQYBCABEgKyhPD_BwE
Tonescape
What is your budget?
miqraw
Tonescape wrote:
What is your budget?

as cheap as possible
I already have MOTU Ultalite first version (10 СV outs), but recording using EMU 0404USB sounds more pleasant for my ears.
sutekina bipu-on
miqraw wrote:
Tonescape wrote:
What is your budget?

as cheap as possible
I already have MOTU Ultalite first version (10 СV outs), but recording using EMU 0404USB sounds more pleasant for my ears.

its hard to beat the 0404usb quality wise (i have two still!)

i seriously recommend the umc404hd though in all honesty. it is the modern day price to performance equivalent of the emu, really. If it had adat it would good as the 1616m!

not dc coupled tho
Tonescape
Price/quality wise, I find the newer focusrite interfaces really hard to beat.

If you can find a used Clarett 4pre, that would be my recommendation. The Scarlett range is also really good, I have a Scarlett 18i20 mk2 myself, and am very happy with it. Solid build, good drivers and great converters.
miqraw
Clarett 4pre expensive and I don't need miс preamps at all.
Is it better behringer umc404hd recording through the insert inputs than Motu line inputs ?
Severed head
Tonescape wrote:

If you can find a used Clarett 4pre, that would be my recommendation. The Scarlett range is also really good, I have a Scarlett 18i20 mk2 myself, and am very happy with it. Solid build, good drivers and great converters.

I was looking at these a while back I was wondering how they did with synths/mudular/euro
do you record straight from an out module to the ins or do you mic a PA ?

because I play in various projects and this would have possibly been the best option for various projects.
void23
Severed head wrote:
Tonescape wrote:

I was looking at these a while back I was wondering how they did with synths/mudular/euro
do you record straight from an out module to the ins or do you mic a PA ?

because I play in various projects and this would have possibly been the best option for various projects.

Most projects that I've done or sat in on were patch straight into the board, and thus the audio interface. That said, I read an interview with Daniel Miller a few months back, and he mentioned that a lot of the DM records he produced in the 80's actually used a lot of mic'ing speakers and cabinets. Listen to Some Great Reward keeping that in mind and you'll totally hear it. If you have the gear and the right room, mic'ing can really add some extra depth of certain elements.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1