MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

250e Octave Transpositions?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author 250e Octave Transpositions?
jesselucas
Is the 250e capable of octave transposition with the voltge range selectors? For example if a stage is set to 1.2 volts can it transpose it to 2.4, 3.6 etc?
Kent
You need to voltage processor in line to do this. The Studio H 210h and probably the 254h would work well in this case.
Happyanimal
Or maybe overkill- a quantizer.
jesselucas
Kent wrote:
You need to voltage processor in line to do this. The Studio H 210h and probably the 254h would work well in this case.

Would you use Voltge Range selectors in this scenario? I was reading about the MARF 248r and there was mention of octave transposition but I can’t figure out how either the 250e or 248r can transpose by octaves without the other modules as you mentioned.
Happyanimal
jesselucas wrote:
Kent wrote:

Would you use Voltge Range selectors in this scenario? I was reading about the MARF 248r and there was mention of octave transposition but I can’t figure out how either the 250e or 248r can transpose by octaves without the other modules as you mentioned.

No, voltage range selectors on the 250e just limit the available voltage for a given step. That’s not going to give you real time transpose.
mritenburg
I know this isn’t what you asked for, but I wanted put in a plug for the 249e (I hope BUSA fixes the hardware issues and brings it back). On the 249e you could combine the voltage received at the external input with stage voltage, which would allow you to do real-time transpose. Because it’s a dual sequencer with independent clocks, you could use one sequence to transpose the other.
Kent
mritenburg wrote:
I know this isn’t what you asked for, but I wanted put in a plug for the 249e (I hope BUSA fixes the hardware issues and brings it back). On the 249e you could combine the voltage received at the external input with stage voltage, which would allow you to do real-time transpose. Because it’s a dual sequencer with independent clocks, you could use one sequence to transpose the other.

251e and a voltage mixer; and likely with better voltage resolution.
Kent
Here’s how it is done:

ArguZ

Just feed your 250 sequence into one of the inputs and another transposing sequencer, or any sample and hold function into another input.
Set the mixer to 100% level (right) and you will get the combined voltage on the purple mixer out.
You could even go so far and ad a 5th or 3rd or 7th and subtract that in a third input and so get not only full octave transpositions but the notes of a certain scale.

And yes, that would be even better if you use a quantizer and feed that with an LFO or a lorenz function or an any uncertain voltage smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1