MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Attention VICMODders!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Attention VICMODders!
wetterberg
So I saw your announcement on Matrixsynth... and I saw the fact that there'll be real live PERFORMANCES with modulars.

So now I'm thinking I may need to bust some hedz if there isn't proper videos made of this.... you hear me? Smash! Soapbox

Ross, Scott et al - I'm lookin' in your general direction here!

/New Jersey accent.
Luka
im looking forward to this gig
Suburban Bather
Link please, I can't find the page on Matrixsynth.
Luka
http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/2008/11/all-modular-night.html
Suburban Bather
Ah, for a second I was thinking this was taking place in NJ, USA d'oh!

I hope the gig goes well.
amnesia
I am looking forward to playing . we had a jam yesterday with all the modulars and it was fun...I am loving the buchla live :-)

I hope someone video tapes the night..we should have another gig on later in Dec/Jan 09
scozbor
damn! i'll be in melbs soon but will miss this Eric Cartman
timmah
yeah, the buchla was great but you need to buzz the sines to perfect the waveform and it doesn't do a proper supersaw sound so I can make shite trance SlayerBadger!

see yous on tuesday
amnesia
ho ho
wetterberg
amnesia wrote:
I hope someone video tapes the night..
see, that's what I was aiming at avoiding. The famous last words where everyone hopes something'll be done wink
spbaker
i'm gonna grab a HV20 from werk for the night, but the recording will prolly be cam on tripod unless i can find a monkey for the mouse 8)
but we'll do a recording from the desk to so at least there'll be good audio
wetterberg
see THAT's what I'm talking about!

Cam on tripod is fine man - I'd just really like to *see* the performances as well as hear them. Modular performances (not noodles) are SCARCE!
felix
I can't wait to see this either!! hyper
amnesia
well it will be 5 or 6 noodlers playing together..it wont be Tang Dream style more drone, ambience glitchy I guess but all improv ..
wetterberg
well if there's a player interacting with the patch then it aint a noodle in my book smile
amnesia
well then its a noodle free zone

please dont expect NODE etc
neandrewthal
I can`t wait to see this. I`ve never seen/heard multiple people performing together on modulars. I imagine it must be an exercise in restraint, or else there will be so much going on, you might as well just play white noise the whole time lol Will there be any sharing of clocks and CV`s?
amnesia
as far as sharing clocks etc...no I think only one person is using a sequencer, the rest is all brain n fingers
amnesia
just got back it was a great night

7 modular synths :-)

video and audio recorded
wetterberg
amnesia wrote:
just got back it was a great night

7 modular synths :-)

video and audio recorded
SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
timmah
Guinness ftw! good times, good music, healthy disrespect for low volume levels smile

hope the recording comes out well, was a great show.
amnesia
I must say Brett and I were having a great laugh trying to hit the brown spot...extra low frequencies
Suburban Bather
amnesia wrote:
I must say Brett and I were having a great laugh trying to hit the brown spot...extra low frequencies

That wouldn't be the frequency range that is supposed to cause bowel movement and queasiness to any listeners in the room, would it lol

I believe I read an interview with SunnO)) where they stated that is their goal when they perform live.

Looking forward to the recordings hyper
spbaker
ok the first video is done:
Cray Vs Abre Ojos: http://vimeo.com/2366222
the other two i am still waiting for audio for as the cam audio ain't too crash hot, but it is on its way.
mp3 version here:
http://abreojos.net/mp3/LiveatMakeItUpClubNov2008.mp3
sandyb
that was excellent scott and ross!
SlayerBadger!
i especially liked the quiet sections - they worked really well.
i look forward to seeing/hearing the other stuff from that gig.

sandy
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1