MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Sequential/DSI
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Sequential/DSI
DiscoDevil
are worth spending the "extra" money on. My OB-6 died, out of warranty and they are willing to send me a new main board for a minimal fee if I send the old one back. Amazing. I was bracing myself for a $$$$ repair!
dubonaire
Good to hear!
anselmi
wow, great! I´m happy to hear that at Sequential your money get this kind of customer service
Blairio
Sequential customer support is very good. I recently had issues with my (10 year old) DSI Tetra and Mopho keyboard combo, and Sequential completed repairs in each case for a flat fee of $25. Most places will charge you $25 just for the privilege of telling you your gear is faulty!

I wish I could praise the carrier they use (UPS) as highly but each time I have posted my gear off to Sequential in San Franciso from Glasgow, on its return via UPS it has cost me 58 GBP in customs and handling charges, despite Sequential carefully labelling the package as a warranty repair, and providing the necessary paperwork.

So thumbs up for Sequential, thumbs down for UPS.
heckadecimal69
Quality people for sure.
anselmi
Blairio wrote:
I wish I could praise the carrier they use (UPS) as highly but each time I have posted my gear off to Sequential in San Franciso from Glasgow, on its return via UPS it has cost me 58 GBP in customs and handling charges, despite Sequential carefully labelling the package as a warranty repair, and providing the necessary paperwork.

58 GBP? what a bargain!
never live in Uruguay, man...here everything that enter the country have to pay taxes close to 90% of the item price, no matter the fact that you sent it for repair

buy a $1000 synth? you pay close to $1900 in importation taxes

send this synth outside the country for repair? then pay another $1900 when it come back here

yes, seems crazy and it is
jabs
How did your OB-6 'die'?
MindMachine
Hey Anselmi - Bunk on those taxes but you have the best weather in the world. I may retire there since it is more accessible than Perth.

DiscoDevil wrote:
are worth spending the "extra" money on. My OB-6 died, out of warranty and they are willing to send me a new main board for a minimal fee if I send the old one back. Amazing. I was bracing myself for a $$$$ repair!

I love it when good makers take care of their clients. It works for the company I work at. Also privately owned.
pelican
jabs wrote:
How did your OB-6 'die'?

Exactly, way too early to be dying
DiscoDevil
jabs wrote:
How did your OB-6 'die'?

Stopped booting. Random characters in the displays and a clicking sound from the outputs. It appears to be a rare occurrence and they are fixing it in a way I would not expect anymore so I am not even mad about it. Long live Sequential!
dBVelocity
I too have praise for the repair services, I purchased a used tempest from eBay and the seller didn't disclose that the headphone jack was damaged from a drop. The flat fee of $25 dollars was a nice surprise considering I'd felt pretty conned from the seller.

I also own an OB-6 module and tetra, both have been very reliable for me. Can't wait to see what new gear comes from their kitchen. cool
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1