MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Announcing: Ellis // Livestock // Precision Macro Controller
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Announcing: Ellis // Livestock // Precision Macro Controller
LiveStock Electronics

Hi All!

I am happy to announce Ellis along with a new look, here we go:

Do you want to gradually fade between sounds in a live set? Create chords of up to 8 voices? Or be able to retrieve settings on a module without presets? Ellis is the preset maker for cv inputs!
Ellis is a controller module that allows you to create presets for cv inputs on your other modules. It has been designed to easily go from one preset to another by turning the fade knob or by automating it entirely. Preset selection, morphing and fading can all be modulated with CV, which will ease your way into that next track!
The outputs are V/oct (+-5V), and can be transposed using the trans input. While the trig output sends out a gate or trigger when a preset is changed. This is what makes Ellis great as a chord creator too!

Features
- 8x 12Bit bipolar outputs.
- 64 Preset save slots.
- Preset crossfading with knob and cv.
- Preset morphing with knob and cv.
- Preset selection with buttons and cv.
- Multiple sequencing algorithms.
- Output v/oct or volts in 0.01V precision.
- Screen for visual feedback.

Width 12HP
Depth Back 25MM
Depth Front 25MM
Weight 133Gr
Power @ +12V 160mA
Power @ -12V 40mA

Price: 214 euro excl. VAT, 260 euro incl. VAT

More info here
Manual here
Modulargrid here

Aaand also Leap is coming out. smile

Cheers,
Daniel
Glitchmachines
Glad to see you put the jacks on top !!
LiveStock Electronics
Glitchmachines
Yeah, it was something that kept coming back as I talked with people about it. It definitely feels more natural now!
Paranormal Patroler
Congratulations! This looks super cool!
Severed head
just my personal opinion and only meant to be constructive criticism but
id go back to you standard/original color scheme...

edit: I know that is most likely the less favored look as black is fashionable but, it helped your modules stand out and be easily remembered. while black/silver color schemes allow the to fall into to zone of all the other really awesome modules which names can't easily be remembered amongst all the other really amazing modules that look similar but function very differently.
that could just be me though.
I dont keep list of "potential" or amazing modules, I just research when I need something and the ones like previous livestock with uniques visual appearances seem to be easily remembered while the modules with standard black/silver there seems to be a more vague memory of
Glitchmachines
Severed head wrote:
just my personal opinion and only meant to be constructive criticism but
id go back to you standard/original color scheme...

edit: I know that is most likely the less favored look as black is fashionable but, it helped your modules stand out and be easily remembered. while black/silver color schemes allow the to fall into to zone of all the other really awesome modules which names can't easily be remembered amongst all the other really amazing modules that look similar but function very differently.
that could just be me though.
I dont keep list of "potential" or amazing modules, I just research when I need something and the ones like previous livestock with uniques visual appearances seem to be easily remembered while the modules with standard black/silver there seems to be a more vague memory of

As you said, it's all a matter of perspective/preference - for example, I feel the exact opposite and found the original designs much more forgettable.
SonicVoltage
Beautiful, this and your new Leap are on my shopping list for the near future and the prices are cool too. Well Done!
fragletrollet
Cool stuff! Kinda like the emblematic systems fader thingy, but 150€ less
LiveStock Electronics
Severed head
To each his own, but I will not manufacture the green panels anymore. Honestly I've thought about it for a long time and had several reasons for changing. I wanted to add the led dial around the knobs to show previous knob positions. Be able to manufacture at lower costs, resulting in lower retail price.

Like I explained in the Leap topic, I felt that the front panels and functionality did not match. The panels were quirky, while the functionality is quite serious. Also I noticed that a lot of people were put off by the green. I did not want to simply make it black, so I thought about what I would do if I could start Livestock again and I chose this retro futurism theme.

In the end I just want to be able to keep on making modules and decisions like these hopefully help to achieve that.
pekbro
Awesome! I like the old panels, but don't mind the new. Likely I'll
spring for the re-panel kit as well. Congrats on the release...
rayultine
I liked the green, but I never minded having a mutt-colored system. This looks like a very cool module
Zymos
Would way rather have some green modules, I have plenty of grey and black ones already!
cg_funk
LiveStock Electronics wrote:
Severed head
To each his own, but I will not manufacture the green panels anymore. Honestly I've thought about it for a long time and had several reasons for changing. I wanted to add the led dial around the knobs to show previous knob positions. Be able to manufacture at lower costs, resulting in lower retail price.

Like I explained in the Leap topic, I felt that the front panels and functionality did not match. The panels were quirky, while the functionality is quite serious. Also I noticed that a lot of people were put off by the green. I did not want to simply make it black, so I thought about what I would do if I could start Livestock again and I chose this retro futurism theme.

In the end I just want to be able to keep on making modules and decisions like these hopefully help to achieve that.

Well, do what you gotta do to sell em...

I really preferred the quirky green. I like the colors! I want quirky looking modules!

Also, I am super sad to see Endorphin.es do basically the same thing, giving up on the bright gold and going to serious-biz-looking matte black, because it apparently sells better.

Eurorack are toys! They are toys for grownups!! THey are supposed to be FUN and colorful!

I am posting this because the people who love Black are all so very vocal. Now I feel I need to demonstrate that there are in fact still a lot of people that love colorful modules - we need to speak up!
nios
I also liked the old color scheme; the new one isn't bad either, just more generic. The graphic motifs were really nice; if those were kept on black panels I probably would have liked them more than the originals. I guess the idea is they need to look more serious? I worry what the Kepler will look like now, just a large expanse of black .. ?

As for the green? I actually liked that, but can see why it was dropped. On the knobs, aesthetically/tactile feel wise etc IMO Rogans just can't be beat, and probably would have looked cooler in green than Selcos. However if I recall correctly that would have to be custom ordered etc and the cost would come down on us, at least however could have opened up other hues of green (jungle, spring etc).
Glitchmachines
Good to see solid points from both sides here!

For me, it's ultimately about the interface - not so much whether or not it's silver or black, but whether the system feels like a unified instrument vs. a collection of modules. I know opinions vary greatly on the subject, so please let me reiterate that this is merely my personal opinion!

For example, when the modular system starts looking like a quilted blanket, due to all manner of different panel & knob colors and other differences (Bastls's wood panels come to mind, not to mention some of the more experimental stuff), it just feels ultra chaotic to me and very disjointed as an interface. Call it OCD or whatever you want, but it absolutely does not "spark joy" for me - I don't like it at all.

That being said, I think Black panels look better - it honestly has nothing to do with "fashion" as someone else suggested - I couldn't care less what's in fashion. It's just my visual preference - my wife and kids always poke fun at me for wearing all black - it's just my thing. I prefer it. Simple as that.

Anyway I like the old panels too, and I get why people are really divided on the topic - but let's say it's probably safe to assume that there is simply no way to please everyone. If Livestock decided to go with bright red panels, there would be just as many complaints... (probably more!)
cackland
Any demos coming soon?
cg_funk
cackland wrote:
Any demos coming soon?

^^
There's the real question!

I want to see those blinking back-lit knob lights that are so awesome they were worth switchin to black panels for. cool
Dedal
Looks awesome, definitely want one)
Severed head
gosh.
I hope that didn't seem like I was dissing the black panel module...
im most def a fan of fancy lights!!! heck that half the reason I bought a FRAMES.
I just like earth tones.
I never noticed the previous design as being quirky. when compared to the design of the circuit/functionality though but like you said if you thought it was clashing with your functionality. you gotta do what you thinks best.

who nows though, maybe now the alt panel guys can make powder coated acid etched LSD infused apple scented scratch and sniff green panels hihi d'oh!

off topic but will you be changing future runs of the older modules to a black version?
Illiac
Loving the new panels and really glad I waited through the summer sale. Grabbing a Maze (and probably an Ellis) as soon as they’re available SlayerBadger!
LiveStock Electronics
Good to hear you all enjoyed the green panels! And for those who'll miss it, I really hope you'll eventually like my new look as much too. I still wanted to add character to the brand, but it's more subtle (except for the packaging, which is pretty out there!).

Severed head No worries, I totally understand your opinion. For me it's not about the color, I just want to see some personality of the manufacturer in it. And as you develop as a brand and person, and as the market changes, ideas/goals change too. This happens in every industry. But indeed expect more leds in the future! nanners

The old modules will be replaced with the new branding. But if anyone wants the old panels, some dealers will keep the stock. Otherwise I still have a few left of each module. So just contact me about it.

nios The current Kepler version looks nothing like the version in modulargrid, and I did not convert it to the new branding yet. There will be a lot more knobs! The knobs I use are Sifam (Intellijel) but taller, and you can get the caps in basically any color. I did not want to change to different knobs too, because they are part of what sets my brand apart and I really like them.

Now as for demos: I am working on it, But you can see it in this video of Gearslutz

And I just made a simple demo of the Led dial I was talking about.

What you see me do is: first I change the banks for the left and right side. Tbh changing banks has never been so gratifying for me! Then I fade between the left and right side preset. So the 8 output values are all fading between saved settings with one knob. Then I modulate the fade knob to automate that.

As you change menus these led dials also show you where you were before you switched menus, this way you know where to pick the value up.

Let me know if you have questions!
Severed head
LiveStock Electronics wrote:

Severed head No worries, I totally understand your opinion. For me it's not about the color, I just want to see some personality of the manufacturer in it. And as you develop as a brand and person, and as the market changes, ideas/goals change too. This happens in every industry. But indeed expect more leds in the future! nanners

yeah totally,
those boxes are pretty cool.
nanners It's peanut butter jelly time!

looking forward to checking the new stuff out in the hopeful sooner that later future.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1