MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Jardin De Sons Concrets Model 287e
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Jardin De Sons Concrets Model 287e
traffkin
The family is being expanded and we'd like to officially introduce our effort in Musique Acousmatique and Musique Concrete - Model 287e Jardin de Sons Concrets - name which clearly verbs for itself.

To be short, three virtual tape machines with a lot of addressing methods and control capabilities. Unlike existing practice, i will not list what that device is capable of, i'll tell you what it is not and never will be nor do, instead:

- the internal storage is based on a totally proprietary file system thus it CANNOT be CONNECTED to the regular COMPUTER for a data exchange (the Wormhole interface should be ready within a couple of months, though)

- it is in NO way a GRANULATOR in any way (granular synthesis/resynthesis will be accomplished later in the model 290e)

i might have to prolong this list depending on asked questions smile

the run is 20 units, as usual

price is $1800 USD, worldwide shipping included

people who interested, please pm me

technical stuff:
Kent
Alex, you guys rock!

I read the manual and still can’t tell what it does or how it would be used outside the fact that it records audio and that it can be manipulated in some mysterious fashion. I’ll have to read it again
tobb
Very tempting!
elmerfudd
From what I read you could use the top section to record,edit and play back a series of spoken numbers and then play them back in either direction or random. While at the same time recording a spoken phrase, slowing it down, edit out phonemes and use them as an oscillator in the middle section. All while using the third to make a perfect cup of espresso. I think.....

Anyway you will have my payment Monday.....
traffkin
hey Kent Guinness ftw! nothing mysterious there, just my reverence to musique concrete school, and i'm definitely not very keen in writing manuals hihi

Kent wrote:
Alex, you guys rock!

I read the manual and still can’t tell what it does or how it would be used outside the fact that it records audio and that it can be manipulated in some mysterious fashion. I’ll have to read it again
traffkin
summarizing, yes, all you said and a bit more smile

elmerfudd wrote:
From what I read you could use the top section to record,edit and play back a series of spoken numbers and then play them back in either direction or random. While at the same time recording a spoken phrase, slowing it down, edit out phonemes and use them as an oscillator in the middle section. All while using the third to make a perfect cup of espresso. I think.....

Anyway you will have my payment Monday.....
deltaphoenix
So stoked for the 287e! It is going to be a central piece to the SmartCAB I just got. Rockin' Banana!
Ossicle
Visually stunning something wonderful
sparks
PM'd for 287e Miley Cyrus
rayce
Can you go into what the anabiosis command does? What does it mean to anabiotize playback?

Similar to freeze?

Module looks really interesting!
traffkin
kinda similar, but the frozen window slowly drifts in either direction

rayce wrote:
Can you go into what the anabiosis command does? What does it mean to anabiotize playback?

Similar to freeze?

Module looks really interesting!
deltaphoenix
When playback freezes, and the sound becomes an oscillator how does CV control pitch, via spd (even though the sound is frozen)?
traffkin
exactly, speed controls the pitch

deltaphoenix wrote:
When playback freezes, and the sound becomes an oscillator how does CV control pitch, via spd (even though the sound is frozen)?
deltaphoenix
I also want to say that the onboard Mic is an exciting way to grab sounds from acoustic sound sources.

Alex - can you share any tips for working with the mic? what is it's pattern etc?
traffkin
Dustin - i wouldn’t rely to much on that internal mic, i put it there more for fun than for serious acoustic hunting. the mic itself is something noname cardioid of $1.5 cost which is definitely not enough for nuances etc. the line in is preferable way i believe and the upcoming (soon!) Wormhole will allow just to upload sounds from an iphone.

deltaphoenix wrote:
I also want to say that the onboard Mic is an exciting way to grab sounds from acoustic sound sources.

Alex - can you share any tips for working with the mic? what is it's pattern etc?
deltaphoenix
I am excited by a crappy mic for my thumb piano, wooden flute, etc.

I know it won’t be for everything but I am hoping to get a little use from it.

Thanks Alex!
mutierend
PM'd
amnesia
any vids?
traffkin
will do some by the end of the week

amnesia wrote:
any vids?
mutierend
amnesia wrote:
any vids?

I will make some when I get mine.
adamon
#endofweek hyper Miley Cyrus
traffkin
actually, Robert is much more reliable videomaker than me, pretty sure hihi

adamon wrote:
Kent
Send one to me and I'll do a ton of videos and write your manual! No joke.
mutierend
traffkin wrote:
actually, Robert is much more reliable videomaker than me, pretty sure hihi

adamon wrote:

I am planning to do a bunch of Christmas break.
mutierend
I added the 287e to ModularGrid.

https://www.modulargrid.net/u/keen-association-287e-jardin-de-sons-con crets-
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2