MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Synthi Hi-Fli CLONE/boards
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Synthi Hi-Fli CLONE/boards
thetwlo
https://www.deadendfx.com/product/pompei

has anyone built this one? or their other offerings?
thoughts??
tobb
WOW love
digi2t
thetwlo wrote:
https://www.deadendfx.com/product/pompei

has anyone built this one? or their other offerings?
thoughts??

Here is a couple of videos. Short one of the very first test, and of the final validated build. Skip to 10:00 if my blathering is too much for you.

It's a massive build, for sure, but we've done our best to use parts that are still available, and that work.

Finished product;

tobb
Great job thumbs up
jim-analog
Greetings and hope all is well. Great project you did there, a huge job indeed, congrats on the fine outcome.

Question...........in one of the pix on your workbench holding up the multi board assembly is some type of "assembly jig". Is that a commercial product or something you guys made to assist holding larger items in place?

Thanks much for any answer, best of luck with everything.

Regards, Jim
www.analogbros.com

digi2t
nigel
jim-analog wrote:
Question...........in one of the pix on your workbench holding up the multi board assembly is some type of "assembly jig". Is that a commercial product or something you guys made to assist holding larger items in place?

Do you mean one of these?
aethyr
too bad it is already sold out! waah

will there be another run?
digi2t
jim-analog wrote:
Greetings and hope all is well. Great project you did there, a huge job indeed, congrats on the fine outcome.

Thanks much for any answer, best of luck with everything.

Regards, Jim
www.analogbros.com

What nigel points to is exactly the model you see in the pictures.

If I can offer one tip in regards to these jigs; they need to be weighted. They're just too light, and keep wanting to flop when you flip your board over. My solution was to go down to my local outdoor equipment shop, and bought a couple of containers of .177 lead BB's. I popped off the end caps, and poured in the BB's. Now it's got some heft to it, and stays put when spinning the board.

Quote:

Yeah... we had two board sets left, and soon after my post here, they got gobbled up. We will be ordering more shortly. They typically take about 2 weeks to show. We have a FB page too, where we post all updates as well.[/quote]
Techman
Hi digi2t

Looking forward to building this. Received my boards last week cool

The schematic in the build doc is pretty scrambled by the document formatting. Any chance of the Eagle .sch or at least a full page pdf?

Many thanks

Andy
digi2t
Techman wrote:
Hi digi2t

Looking forward to building this. Received my boards last week cool

The schematic in the build doc is pretty scrambled by the document formatting. Any chance of the Eagle .sch or at least a full page pdf?

Many thanks

Andy

Hey Andy,

The problem with setting a schemo of this size to full page is that then it gets so compressed that it's impossible to read. What I do is print all the pages, then trim off one of the overlapping borders, and tape them together. Then I get a large, readable sheet that I can work with. I have pretty crappy eyesight, so the bigger the better for me. I'll ask Phil if he can output single page pdf versions of each board. If so, I'll attach them to the build doc.
Techman
digi2t wrote:

What I do is print all the pages, then trim off one of the overlapping borders, and tape them together. Then I get a large, readable sheet that I can work with. I have pretty crappy eyesight, so the bigger the better for me. I'll ask Phil if he can output single page pdf versions of each board. If so, I'll attach them to the build doc.

Thanks Dino. I’ll break out the scissors and sticky tape. Now to go match some jfets... thumbs up
PMowdes
aethyr wrote:

The order went in yesterday, so I think a week or o fabricate and a week shipping. I'll put a post on our Instagram account when they are back in stock
rosch
Hi! Any tip where i could get the crybaby shells from?
banzai here have some other shells and besides from looking weird I'm not sure everything will fit in there.
digi2t
rosch wrote:
Hi! Any tip where i could get the crybaby shells from?
banzai here have some other shells and besides from looking weird I'm not sure everything will fit in there.

Here's my honest opinion; do not buy those wah enclosure kits, as the ones pictured in my build. I found them on Ebay. They're actually pretty shitty. The fit leaves a lot to be desired, and the hardware that comes with them is whatever they found around the shop, stuffed into a bag. The screws that come with them make no sense whatsoever. This was the first, and last time I buy those. It took a bit of work (and hardware) to get them functional, and they don't impress me.

Do yourself a huge favor, and shop around for second hand Dunlop wahs, and gut them. Much better. I've found all of mine from Ebay.
rosch
Thanks, I already ordered 2 from banzaimusic, maybe they‘re better, at least they‘re double the price. If they‘re bad too I’ll get old ones from ebay
PMowdes
PCBs are now back in stock
thee ghost ov n_phay
I got my board set today - pretty impressed by the quick delivery from dead end fx. Looking forwardd to getting this one built up!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1