MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ADDAC215 Dual S&H+
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author ADDAC215 Dual S&H+
monads
Recently announced ADDAC215

From the site:

At it’s core it features a noise source and two precision Sample & Holds with 0.01% of maximum deviation from the Input which allows for quantized signals to be sent through without any noticeable detuning or the typical voltage drops over time.

The Sample & Hold sections can also be used as a Track & Hold meaning it holds the incoming input while the Trigger input is ON and lets the input flow to the output when the Trigger input is OFF.
Each section also features it’s own slew processor with a single control over attack and decay and an ON/OFF switch.

The noise signal is normalled to both sections inputs, meaning that without a jack plugged into the Input the sample and hold function will act upon the incoming noise signal generating random CV values.

The [Trigger A Alternate] switch allows to Link both sections so that any trigger input in Trigger A will alternate between triggering the A and B section.

Besides each section outputs there’s also 4 extra outputs: Noise, Difference, Average and Sum. The [Noise] output is coming from the noise source, the [Difference] output is the subtraction of section A minus section B, the [Average] output is the sum of both A plus B and then divided by 2 and finally the [Sum] output is the sum of both A plus B sections.

This module will also be available as a full DIY kit.
Paranormal Patroler
The important thing to note about this module is how effortlessly it can do rate-of-change with just a CV source and an incoming clock. The patch is described in the documentation which is available on the ADDAC System site. Another first for ADDAC!

thumbs up
microfauna
Good feature set. Flipflop Out instead of SUM would be good.

Any figures for "without" "the typical voltage drops over time" ?
Paranormal Patroler
microfauna wrote:

And what would the flip-flop output while it's in the typical (re: non flip-flop) option?
peripatitis
this looks interesting.
microfauna
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
microfauna wrote:

And what would the flip-flop output while it's in the typical (re: non flip-flop) option?

flipflop smile (I like flipflops)
or ChA set ChB reset flipflop or clock and reset
Paranormal Patroler
microfauna wrote:
flipflop smile (I like flipflops)
or ChA set ChB reset flipflop or clock and reset

Mr. Green I can tell you like flipflops! So do I and your idea isn't bad at all, but I like how you can plug a single CV source and conjure up three related CV outputs from a single module. Or plug no CV source, use the internal noise instead, and get three CV sources which are related to one another.

peripatitis wrote:
this looks interesting.

It's super useful for sound design. The way I usually put this is that this module allows you to patch "pseudo-velocity" in Eurorack with no MIDI involved. nanners
microfauna
It would be great if the Slew switch was 3 way:
Off
post S&H
pre S&H (a la Serge Smooth and Stepped Generator)(and for Paranormal Patroler the flipflop Out would become A/B comparator smile )

or even just 2 way with the last 2 options

Joking apart I would have:
pre/post switch for Slew
FlipFlop Out (instead of Sum)
A/B Comparator Out (instead of Noise)
Paranormal Patroler
microfauna wrote:
It would be great if the Slew switch was 3 way:
Off
post S&H
pre S&H (a la Serge Smooth and Stepped Generator)(and for Paranormal Patroler the flipflop Out would become A/B comparator smile )

or even just 2 way with the last 2 options

Joking apart I would have:
pre/post switch for Slew
FlipFlop Out (instead of Sum)
A/B Comparator Out (instead of Noise)

Why not plug the slewed output of track 1 to the input of track 2 and then use S&H on that one, while track one is set to T&H with no hold applied?

Or get two ADDAC215's Mr. Green nanners

Comparators. Ha! You know me too well!
microfauna
B Out could become Sum if nothing is plugged into A Out
danfastlikeflan
This looks super useful. Looking at the build guides are the DIY kits for ADDAC pre populated with the smd stuff? When will The kit be availible?
Estes
Hmm... I somehow cannot imagine this modules, what would you use it for?
I know what sample and hold does and I used my Sport modulator with external noise for kind of smooth stepped & random generator. But I don't know where this approach goes...
cloudleft
how could a rate of change patch as described in the manual be useful? I love the idea.
lightworks
I've tryed it already and it also sounds wonderful as an Audio Decimator

If you feed it an audio signal and clock the trigger with an oscillator at audio rates you'll have this rate reductions/bit crush effect.

so...with two channels, it's safe to say it's also a stereo Audio Decimator hihi
hinterlands303
Looks great. I’m guessing that if you put it in track and hold mode and don’t plug anything into the trigger input you can uses a channel as a simple slew limiter?
Paranormal Patroler
cloudleft wrote:
how could a rate of change patch as described in the manual be useful? I love the idea.

The idea of the rate of change is to apply it to controllers, or voltages that shift and move. For instance, adding the ADDAC215 to a Krell patch would be brilliant! Just have the figure out the rate of change of your ever shifting envelopes, and use that to open the filters for additional realism.

I use it with my controllers, as an indication of velocity. I call it the analog pseudo-velocity sensitivity (TM) Mr. Green

hinterlands303 wrote:
Looks great. I’m guessing that if you put it in track and hold mode and don’t plug anything into the trigger input you can uses a channel as a simple slew limiter?

Yeah, I don't see why not. Dual Slew limiter.
behndy
annnnnnnd have one on order.
izmond
behndy wrote:

Where did you order from? I can't find them anywhere.
Paranormal Patroler
izmond wrote:
behndy wrote:

Where did you order from? I can't find them anywhere.

You can order directly from ADDAC System. They ship everywhere.
behndy
exactly! they said it should be heading out mid-November.

they're the NICEST of humans.
joem
Is the DIY kit on the site? Or is the DIY one not released yet?
cloudleft
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
I use it with my controllers, as an indication of velocity. I call it the analog pseudo-velocity sensitivity (TM) Mr. Green

that's a great idea! the applications for a rate of change patch are becoming clear to me.
AbundantChoice
This thing looks great. It's like all the extra stuff you'd want a S&H to do, but nothing really extraneous that bloats up the HP. Killer.
cptnal
Any word on these guys yet (particularly addressed to behndy if you have one on order)?
behndy
lop. nope! they said it should ship Mid November, that has passed but i havna hit them up yet. i've had a TON of new loot i'm grappling with getting my head around, so just being The Patient with the ship date?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2