MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Weird and wild, in 1MU
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Weird and wild, in 1MU
Sir Ruff
Finally locking down my setup to where I want it to be—have two significantly different oscullator types (analog/waveshaper digital) and filter flavors (moog 4-pole, LP/HP 2-pole), have necessary utilities and a ring-mod. I now have one 1U left for something else, and looking for weird/unique ideas. What I don’t need is anything Serge-flavored (have specific panels for that).

Any non-trad effects, blizzaro filters or strange oscillators I should be looking into?
cornutt
I'm having a lot of fun lately with an SSL 1310 VC digital delay.
fac
Take a look at Synthetic Sound Labs (SSL). They have several interesting, unconventional 1U modules. For example:

- JJP Samplecorder - record and playback audio loops with pitch/speed control and CV

- Radio Music - play audio files stored in an SD card, with the ability to "flip" through files using a knob or CV

- Segwencer IV - CV-controlled crossfade between 4 sources. Kind of.

- V-Gates - trigger/gate generator using different sequences and algorithms. great fun with envelopes and sync-able LFOs.

- VC Digital Delay - Lofi-ish delay with CV control of delay time and wide feedback range

- Quad LFO - Ok, so this is not unconventional, but 4 LFOs at the same time can lead to crazy unexpected results. I have to get me one of these and run the four LFOs through my Segwencer.
kindredlost
STG Waveshaper
SSL 5-Pulser
josaka
the LWSS Cat Girl sub osc in 1u.. on sale now.

https://richsstudioproject.wpcomstaging.com/product/cgs01-sub-oscillat or-harmonic-sequencer/

bit pricey but great .. the synth werk bode ring mod..

https://www.facebook.com/566683136718483/videos/2192425944125685

also FM Aid
O_c sequencer

and second the underrated genius Ian Fritzs SSL 5-pulser
Sir Ruff
fac wrote:
Take a look at Synthetic Sound Labs (SSL). They have several interesting, unconventional 1U modules. For example:

cool--looking through these. The JJP one looks pretty interesting and might be what I'm after.

kindredlost wrote:
STG Waveshaper
SSL 5-Pulser

The Cursus Iteritas has covered my waveshaping needs at this point (so I am selling my STG waveshaper).

I had that fritz 5-pulser in a serge-trype panel and can't say I was blown away, but the fact that this one comes with a double XOR is cool. I love gnarly ring-moddish sounds.

josaka wrote:
the LWSS Cat Girl sub osc in 1u.. on sale now.

https://richsstudioproject.wpcomstaging.com/product/cgs01-sub-oscillat or-harmonic-sequencer/

bit pricey but great .. the synth werk bode ring mod..

Also currently scoping that divider!

And I currently have the Bode--love it!

josaka wrote:

also FM Aid

Ah, this looks exactly like what I need! Really going for as much variety in the sound-source/oscillator department as possible and I think this will complement what i already have (901s and Cursus) perfectly.
josaka
that Sub-osc.. you can get pure dirt from it..
Sir Ruff
josaka wrote:
that Sub-osc.. you can get pure dirt from it..

any good demos out there? seems like it's most interesting when being fed multiple CV sources rather than just basic oscillator fodder?
josaka
one of the problems for me personally is the people in MU most dont share the same sonic aims ! smile ..ergo a lot of demos dont show what is possible smile

this is a different module but the circuit looks/sounds/features the same.. add the bode you can get beyond...

Dave Peck
STG Wave Folder, or Happy Nerding FM Aid. Lots of new sonic possibilities.

This is fun!
Sir Ruff
Dave Peck wrote:
STG Wave Folder, or Happy Nerding FM Aid. Lots of new sonic possibilities.

This is fun!

Both mentioned above smile who’s got an FM Aid to sell me?!
cornutt
I'll also throw in for the Corsynth C105 VC Noise / Lo-Fi. A weird and wacky beast.
Sir Ruff
cornutt wrote:
I'll also throw in for the Corsynth C105 VC Noise / Lo-Fi. A weird and wacky beast.

huh, had not come across this. Very interesting!
Thalassa
Sir Ruff wrote:
cornutt wrote:

huh, had not come across this. Very interesting!

Hi Sir Ruff, the C105 has now a MKII version that adds a lot os possibilities to the original module , like clock out and in , vc filter or a clock with to selectable frequency ranges. If you are interested here you have a detailed demo

Sir Ruff
Thalassa wrote:
Hi Sir Ruff, the C105 has now a MKII version that adds a lot os possibilities to the original module , like clock out and in , vc filter or a clock with to selectable frequency ranges. If you are interested here you have a detailed demo

Fantastic... ordered! applause

I can't get enough of that low sample rate quantize-noise sound.
Thalassa
Sir Ruff wrote:
Fantastic... ordered! applause

I can't get enough of that low sample rate quantize-noise sound.

Thanks! thumbs up thumbs up
josaka
yep its a great sound.. Rich from lower west side built me one of these.. smile

syncretism
Sir Ruff wrote:
Finally locking down my setup to where I want it to be—have two significantly different oscullator types (analog/waveshaper digital) and filter flavors (moog 4-pole, LP/HP 2-pole), have necessary utilities and a ring-mod. I now have one 1U left for something else, and looking for weird/unique ideas. What I don’t need is anything Serge-flavored (have specific panels for that).

Any non-trad effects, blizzaro filters or strange oscillators I should be looking into?

While they're neither effects, filters (after a fashion) nor oscillators, the dotcom SH++ and Gate Math pack a lot of utility into 1u. I really wanted the Gate Math to be my master clock for pretty much everything, but poor wiring where I live has taken it out of the running for my banana gear. Regardless, I'll keep it for the 5u stuff, and get an SH++ to replace the 1/4"-banana converter module I can't use.

Seriously, it's hard to beat either of those as the heart and brain of a smallish 5u system.
josaka
the SH++ is one of the very few .com modules I have left in my modular..
the roland inspired system 100/700m module.. is very useful.. smile
Sir Ruff
syncretism wrote:
While they're neither effects, filters (after a fashion) nor oscillators, the dotcom SH++ and Gate Math pack a lot of utility into 1u. I really wanted the Gate Math to be my master clock for pretty much everything, but poor wiring where I live has taken it out of the running for my banana gear. Regardless, I'll keep it for the 5u stuff, and get an SH++ to replace the 1/4"-banana converter module I can't use.

SH++ looks really nice. I kind of have all those features covered already, however. I have a dedicated slew and then I can use my mooger CP-251 for A/D slew stuff.

I like the idea of a dedicated LFO half-speed output tho--probably leads to some cool rhythmic modulation stuff.

josaka wrote:

the roland inspired system 100/700m module.. is very useful.. smile

which module is this?
josaka
SH++ has mostly the same stuff as the system 100m 150..(- the ring mod)
also the https://ajhsynth.com/SampleHold.html has a similar feature set.
boothnavy
acNEURON
Sir Ruff
boothnavy wrote:
acNEURON

this looks kind of wild. Not sure how I would use it, but interesting nonetheless!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1