MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Clouds clone Monsoon with low level output. Is that normal?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Clouds clone Monsoon with low level output. Is that normal?
urogijani
Hello. I have purchased a Monsoon and its output seems to me like a line level output, not a modular level. My input level is set high also i tried different dry wet settings, but compared to other modular stuff the output level is much lower. Is that normal ? I mean clouds have a line level output too ? I can't find that in the manual ?! Thanks for the help.
Dedal
Actually most of digital modules have line level output, I didn’t mention some low level on my monsoon, but I’ll try to compare it with regular clouds
starthief
Dedal wrote:
Actually most of digital modules have line level output

That's kind of an astonishing sweeping generalization that is mostly false.

Clouds' output can run a little quiet, though some of that comes down to usage. Nothing to worry about.

Supercell adds up to 6db of gain to compensate... but I usually don't find myself turning it up that much smile
mchildre
My Monsoon has a fine output value, no problems. Hope you find the issue.
Dedal
starthief wrote:

That's kind of an astonishing sweeping generalization that is mostly false.

I will not argue, maybe I just carried on similar units smile
urogijani
Dedal wrote:
Actually most of digital modules have line level output, I didn’t mention some low level on my monsoon, but I’ll try to compare it with regular clouds

Thanks. Please let me know what was the result of the comparison.
Dedal
urogijani wrote:
Dedal wrote:

Sorry for big delay, but I finally come back to my modular and tested uclouds with monsoon, as a results, monsoon really a little quiet, but just a little bit , imperceptible to the ear but can be seen on the detailed vumeter.
urogijani
Ahhh ok thats cool. If that small is the difference than it should be quiet like this. Than it is ok. Thanks so much for your time and everything.

Dedal wrote:
urogijani wrote:
Dedal wrote:

Sorry for big delay, but I finally come back to my modular and tested uclouds with monsoon, as a results, monsoon really a little quiet, but just a little bit , imperceptible to the ear but can be seen on the detailed vumeter.
zerodivide
Even Factory Clouds is a bit on the quiet side. I usually have to crank the input knob. Probably done on purpose though as volume gets scary loud when you crank up Feedback
Dedal
urogijani wrote:
Ahhh ok thats cool. If that small is the difference than it should be quiet like this. Than it is ok. Thanks so much for your time and everything.

your welcome bro! nanners
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1