MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The Tape & Microsound Music Machine
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author The Tape & Microsound Music Machine
makenoise
Introducing the Tape & Microsound Music Machine!

The Tape & Microsound Music Machine is a small stereo system devoted to capturing external sounds and sculpting them into new ones!

Centered around the Morphagene, with stereo processing from QPAS and Mimeophon, modulation from Maths and Wogglebug, and mixing and line level output conditioning from our new output interfacing module, XOH! Plus a Mult for signal distribution and 10HP of available space for expansion.

More information about the Tape & Microsound Music Machine can be found on our website link)

More information about XOH (miX Out Headphone), our 6HP 2-channel stereo mixer, headphone amplifier and Line Level output interface, can also be found on our website (link)
Dedal
Looks awesome buuuut expensive ))
synonymist
Dedal wrote:
Looks awesome buuuut expensive ))

To me it looks like a 7% discount vs. buying the modules and powered skiff separately, plus the inclusion of the black and gold panel Maths that cannot be bought new except in a Make Noise system.

Dead sexy, but that's the only value proposition I'm seeing here.
kxx303
System Concrete was the instrument that triggered my interest in modular. Started to build my personal one a year ago I now have almost this TaMMM thing. Nice feeling!
deltaphoenix
I really like this system. Nice work Tony and MN Team!
makenoise
Video premiering today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJpQdfmrGc0
NoLegs
Hmmm would an xpan fit at the end?
doublestewart
NoLegs wrote:
Hmmm would an xpan fit at the end?

There is 10hp of free space in this system, which I believe just happens to be the width of the xpan
Hovercraft
makenoise wrote:
Video premiering today!

Teasing an 87 second video? seriously, i just don't get it
kxx303
makenoise wrote:
Introducing the Tape and Microsound Music Machine!

What combo of Morphagene operating system options is the best choice for microsound?
nolongerhuman
I’m considering this set up as a stand alone skiff, though I’m wondering if an X-Pan could just replace the XoH, both have stereo out with volume control and the X-Pan adds a ton of functionality and CV control. Maybe I’m missing something the XoH adds to the system.
VM
I'd be looking for a 10HP bitcrushing distortion to fll that skiff. Looks fun, but I have never really known who the market is for premade systems.
j_dowe
One thing I love about this system is that I already have most of these modules... so more videos from Make Noise might give me patching ideas (and possibly motivate me to fill in the Mimeophon gap).

If I was just starting out, I might go for something like this. Earlier I recommended the Cartesian for purchase at the university; it is a nice compact modular system for students ...

All hail Make Noise!

w00t
mritenburg
j_dowe wrote:
One thing I love about this system is that I already have most of these modules... so more videos from Make Noise might give me patching ideas (and possibly motivate me to fill in the Mimeophon gap.

Same thing here. I have most of the modules and filled in the gaps with other modules. I substituted a Rossum Morpheus for the QPAS and an Echophon for the Mimeophon (I also added a Verbos Delay, FxDf, RxMx, etc.) It led to some surprising and unexpected results:

Severed head
d'oh!
BlinkyLights
Ha. Nice.

I started a similar thing recently, myself, that I've been calling:

Make Stereo Noises

(hardy f-ing har)

The bottom 4th Row is actually in the other/front/lower half of the case. The top/back half is 3x Rows (9Ux114hp) with the Morphagene and the rest on the bottom row.

And I squeezed a 4th Row into the other half as a Controller row with Rene, etc. A BSP and other stuff is in that half of this case (one of my DIY Cases).

Ultimately the idea is to have nothing but Stereo gear in this rig. We'll see how that goes.
makenoise
A lot of people have been speculating on how best to expand the Tape & Microsound Music Machine. Here's a video discussing it and featuring a suggestion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oomDNr35KHU
Tumulishroomaroom
mritenburg wrote:
j_dowe wrote:
One thing I love about this system is that I already have most of these modules... so more videos from Make Noise might give me patching ideas (and possibly motivate me to fill in the Mimeophon gap.

Same thing here. I have most of the modules and filled in the gaps with other modules. I substituted a Rossum Morpheus for the QPAS and an Echophon for the Mimeophon (I also added a Verbos Delay, FxDf, RxMx, etc.) It led to some surprising and unexpected results:

Nice patch with the Verbos delay, are you randomly sending feedback into the second input ? I have to try this !
doublestewart
makenoise wrote:
A lot of people have been speculating on how best to expand the Tape & Microsound Music Machine. Here's a video discussing it and featuring a suggestion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oomDNr35KHU

Great vid, and great call on the tempi, it's a perfect fit in that system.
zerodivide
now that I see the vid I feel the system is weird without Tempi
goldi
Morph > Mimeo > Qpas is the final outs of my system, so i know this is great spinning
PiecesOfQuiet
was debating on whether or not to put a tempi in mine, seems like it would be far from the wrong choice SlayerBadger!
Be Sandy?
I think a second Wogglebug in there would be quite fun.
makenoise
New video on basic musique concrète patching goes live at noon eastern today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOiAvki_dP0
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1