MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Storage Strip for Mungo. Can they be DIYed?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Storage Strip for Mungo. Can they be DIYed?
FatRocky
hmmm.....
leterell
FatRocky wrote:
hmmm.....

Also would be interested, my newly acquired d0 needs memoriez
Mungo
Happy to help anyone put together a design. The Arduino Pro Mini 3.3V is probably the best basis to work from, all it needs is some buffering for logic/clock/gate signals.
FatRocky
Mungo wrote:
Happy to help anyone put together a design. The Arduino Pro Mini 3.3V is probably the best basis to work from, all it needs is some buffering for logic/clock/gate signals.

Thanks for that. I hope someone more clever than me on designing a module will stand up hyper
damase
+1 interested
Jaypee
Yes!!! Interested as well!
Sandrine
-removed
leterell
Sandrine wrote:
Ha! That's weird I'm working on a select bus controller / breakout right now
It's to test with our other two new modules that support s bus and test, demystify etc
4x4 with CV and gate inputs to select etc.
I'll post some more info as it happens

well how convenient. Interested in the timeframe and of course other details.
Sandrine
-removed
Matos
That looks really interesting. I have a select bus setup with an omnimod, disting, wmd matrix and voltage blocks.
Paranormal Patroler
Hey Sandrine, glad to see this is happening. hyper
Sandrine
@PP Cheers! Test test test

Matos wrote:
That looks really interesting. I have a select bus setup with an omnimod, disting, wmd matrix and voltage blocks.

Wow that's a nice versatile combo. Our Sequarallel & Melisma will be masters or slave ...or so it's planned
diffrentstrolks
SDS is the best; looks really excellent/useful, Sandy!
loopt
The SDS module for sure looks nice but it's a bit OT, isn't it?

FatRocky asked about a DIY version and it should be usable with Mungo modules. So there has to be a Zoom control which is absolutely essential for the digital Mungo modules.
FatRocky
loopt wrote:
The SDS module for sure looks nice but it's a bit OT, isn't it?

FatRocky asked about a DIY version and it should be usable with Mungo modules. So there has to be a Zoom control which is absolutely essential for the digital Mungo modules.

it´s great to see that, but you´re right. I mean, i wouldn´t ask for a DIY version if i knew there are modules ready available. Zoom is a must. thumbs up
loopt
I'm also quite sympathetic to the idea of a DIY Storage Strip equivalent.

While I do own an working Storage Strip, it has a reputation of button failures and not being able to handle more than 2 or 3 target modules.
And the prospect of being without its functionality sounds frightening to me... eek! It is indeed a very helpful contraption.

Sadly, I can't contribute on a technical level.
Sandrine
-removed
loopt
Sandrine, the Zoom function only applies to the digital series of Mungo modules, so it is a very specialized thing. It facilitates using a single knob to dial in precise values within a huge range.
AFAIK it just switches a voltage around. I doubt it even uses the Select Bus.
Maybe John could chime in here?

PS:
I see you are developing lots of new modules while you should really focus on finishing the WiFiMIDI. I've been holding my breath for it since 2017 now, and looking into the mirror this morning, I noticed my face changed its hue from baby blue to azure. twisted
Sandrine
-removed

Sorry for hijacking the thread
loopt
Ah come on, John can take some pestering, I'm sure. He deserves it for the provocatively minimal documentation of his modules, anyway. hihi
And buy some Mungo tech, it's worth it and it's inspiring. (Maybe the provocatively minimal documentation even helps with that?)

And you do you. Stuff's finished when it's ready. As long as we get more cool SDS modules, everybody will be fine

Edit: Oh, I see you removed your message...
No need. It wasn't really a hijack (only a little bit Mr. Green ), as you tried to understand and maybe implement the Mungo angle.
Sandrine
Well they're not willing to play nice so...
I'll do a post in the DIY forum. It's doing the right job with ES module so I'm happy enough wink
Mungo
Sandrine is super enthusiastic and really involves the community in their designs. Hopefully they can work out the details and support a wide range of modules.
loopt
Well.....ok. Let's return to the topic at hand.

John, how far would your willingness to help this idea along extend? Looking at your sophisticated modules, I'm surprised that you don't produce something along the lines of the Storage Strip with Zoom, yet. Low hanging fruit.

MIDI store and recall is fine, but I guess a lot of people in Eurorack want to steer clear of adding MIDI to their rig and rather have this under voltage control.
Mungo
loopt wrote:
Well.....ok. Let's return to the topic at hand.

John, how far would your willingness to help this idea along extend? Looking at your sophisticated modules, I'm surprised that you don't produce something along the lines of the Storage Strip with Zoom, yet. Low hanging fruit.

MIDI store and recall is fine, but I guess a lot of people in Eurorack want to steer clear of adding MIDI to their rig and rather have this under voltage control.
Happy to help people make compatible modules and share ideas. The DIY option is great as a single basic design can be expandable so people can add what they want, not everyone wants all of:
clockable recall
zoom control
CV

But with a DIY module you only need to build what you want, rather than a single "do all" module that needs more HP.
loopt
Good points.
But Mungo modules are a niche thing. I'm afraid it will be difficult to find somebody who has the skills and the interest to develop such a module.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2