MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

cheapest way to get from line level to modular level
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author cheapest way to get from line level to modular level
lilnoah95
I'm interested in processing external sounds in euro, but currently don't have any way of boosting the signal high enough. What's the cheapest way to make things loud? I'm looking for a super affordable DIY module or schematic that a beginner could read and build. thanks
Jaytee
The ARP 2600 preamp is a decent circuit
nigel
Jaytee wrote:

That may be true, but the OP was after an affordable DIY module. You could try the Barton input module, which is a simple PCB only, so you can / will need to work out your own front panel. It has been discussed here before, so look for that to read user comments. Searching for "DIY modular synth input" should find you some other options.
widdly
I use a CGS Stomp adaptor for that...

https://sdiy.info/wiki/CGS_stomp_box_adapter_(smaller_version)
abelovesfun
The AI006 would do it in 2HP.
Pretty affordable $10-70.

https://aisynthesis.com/product/ai006-eurorack-stomp-box-adapter/
Reese P. Dubin
CGS stomp adapter circuit. Built probably my 50th one this morning in about 10 minutes on protoboard. works everytime
Jaytee
nigel wrote:
Jaytee wrote:

That may be true, but the OP was after an affordable DIY module.

What about the ARP 2600 circuit doesn’t meet their criteria? It’s very simple, no rare parts (LM301 went out of production about a year ago but is still available and easily replaced pin-for-pin with a TL071), easy-to-read schematic... Should be a perfectly doable DIY circuit for most beginners.
gaston
Not OP but: Jaytee, I'd love to try it, is it this one on here you are referencing?

av500
quick and dirty:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=146459
Sandrine
Damn AV500! I have one exactly like it (except my panel is aluminum and there's 1/4" jacks on the in's)
Jaytee
gaston wrote:
Not OP but: Jaytee, I'd love to try it, is it this one on here you are referencing?

Yes, just that circuit in the middle. You May want to do a google search for “TTSH schematics” as well. They’re the same as the 2600 schematics but they’ve been transcribed and I find them a little easier to read than the original hand-written diagrams.

I like this circuit because it’s simple but versatile. Being able to switch between three different gain levels is really handy. And it makes for a pretty decent distortion effect too. wink
Sandrine
Maybe add a follower as well while you're at it
I regret not adding that (plus no space now)
av500
Sandrine wrote:
Damn AV500!

please, not in front of the ladies smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1