MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

uClouds vs original sound wise ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author uClouds vs original sound wise ?
miqraw
uClouds vs original sound wise ?

I had a micro version of Frames (Planks) and it was noisy. This is due to the proximity of the PCB traces.
thebends9
no difference in my experience
Dedal
Absolutely
Severed head
I’ve had 3 factory built clouds and they all sounded different.

Although they had the original FW loaded back Was wondering if the fact that they had had alt firms at one time or another had anything to do with it
They’d all been calibrated
mahler007
I have an MI Clouds and a µClouds. I have a very difficult time trying to duplicate sounds between the two of them. They are both nice and totally useable, but I wish there was more consistency
nectarios
Still have factory Clouds and up until recently, had a uClouds.
When they both had Parasites, they sounded the same.
starthief
miqraw wrote:
I had a micro version of Frames (Planks) and it was noisy. This is due to the proximity of the PCB traces.

I had a factory version of Frames and it was noisy.

...it turned out my PSU was noisy.
Zymos
I had a Plancks and it was noisy. Turns out it was a shitty build. Returned it and bought one from someone else, no noise..
Severed head
Zymos wrote:
I had a Plancks and it was noisy. Turns out it was a shitty build. Returned it and bought one from someone else, no noise..

who should we avoid
or
who should we patronize
zerodivide
I've been wanting to downside my Clouds with a DIY one but these sort of threads scare me. Absolutely in love with OG clouds and afraid to lose that
placebo92
zerodivide wrote:
I've been wanting to downside my Clouds with a DIY one but these sort of threads scare me. Absolutely in love with OG clouds and afraid to lose that

I can vouch for the Antumbra Smog, no complaints sound wise and the jack layout makes a whole lot more sense than on the other miniatures.
zerodivide
placebo92 wrote:
zerodivide wrote:

I can vouch for the Antumbra Smog, no complaints sound wise and the jack layout makes a whole lot more sense than on the other miniatures.

it might sound good but does it sound identical? takes a while to learn the sweet spots on Clouds and really dont want to spend time recalibrating smile
also I had my buddy's Elements DIY once and it sounded quite different from stock.
placebo92
zerodivide wrote:
placebo92 wrote:
zerodivide wrote:

it might sound good but does it sound identical? takes a while to learn the sweet spots on Clouds and really dont want to spend time recalibrating smile
also I had my buddy's Elements DIY once and it sounded quite different from stock.

I've just assumed they would sound identical but that said I've never actually used a factory clouds so am of little help here..
Foghorn
I think Clouds (factory) sounds different day to day.
There can be non reason for that, except my perception and mood. hmmm.....

Also

Severed head wrote:

who should we avoid
or
who should we patronize

Don't put recommendations up on the public forum.
Do this somehow privately.
Don't want a public roast.

Foghorn

what did the teenage boy say the first time he got laid?
look mom, no hands
seriously, i just don't get it
Zymos
I won't go into the who to avoid part, but can recommend Michigan Synth Works, Warpus, and ZZardoz, if you're in the US.
Severed head
Zymos wrote:
I won't go into the who to avoid part.

yup, that was satirical hihi
but that patronizing was a serious inquisition, have heard good things about momo
and mich synth works.

never heard of warpus
zzardoz is around here right?

Foghorn wrote:

Don't put recommendations up on the public forum.
Do this somehow privately.
Don't want a public roast.

good call. although internet barbecue's are all the rage...jk Dead Banana
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1