MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

I made an old school NES inspired song with a Moog DFAM
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Author I made an old school NES inspired song with a Moog DFAM
mr_william
https://youtu.be/-e2tAHzWyyA

After a talk with some friends and reminiscing of old NES games, I got inspired to to make a song that sounds like it should be coming out of my old CRT tv in the 80s and 90s with a controller in my hands!

Really simple patch: CV A out on the Korg SQ-1 is going to one oscillator of the DFAM, CV B (being played manually) is going to the other. Pitch control of the DFAM is turned off. Gate out A is going to the trigger input on the DFAM and to the clock in.. The pitch out on the DFAM is going to it's own noise level in for the percussive sound.

I think I captured the NES vibe pretty well with this!

I had a little fun with the video editing. Alcohol may or may not have been involved... Guinness ftw!
wendallsan
It evokes vs Excitebike to me, so I would call it a success! Cool to see the DFAM used in a melodic-ish sequence as well.

mr_william
wendallsan

I was envisioning Rygar the entire time haha.

And you're right. It isn't often that we get to see the melodic side of the DFAM!
Fog Door
Yeah, great stuff thumbs up
mr_william
Fog Door

Thanks!
Orgia Mode
Nice. I was thinking tmnt or battle toads.
mr_william
Orgia Mode

Great, now I want to play Battletoads. Guess I better find an emulator and some ROMs!
Orgia Mode
mr_william wrote:
Orgia Mode

Great, now I want to play Battletoads. Guess I better find an emulator and some ROMs!

Try to get hold of Double Dragon vs Battletoads. Goofy stuff.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Page 1 of 1