MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

VCAs that work well with the AJH Contour Generators?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author VCAs that work well with the AJH Contour Generators?
huffnPuff
There's the AJH VCA, obviously, but it's 10hp for a single channel... no can do.
How about the Tallin? Other good sounding VCAs to consider? Anything to keep in remind regarding CV levels or what not?
joem
Is there any reason that any VCA wouldn't work fine with this module?
mdoudoroff
The AJH Contour generators have exponential slopes and were designed to work with the linear AJH VCA. Tallin should work fine.

The only caveat is that I’ve noticed some modules don’t get along with some AJH modules—I presume this is some impedance issue, but I am no engineer. For example, Maths doesn’t get along with my AJH filters—I have to run the output of Maths through another module (e.g., buffered multiple) first, and then everything is ok. Should be a rare problem.
huffnPuff
mdoudoroff wrote:
The AJH Contour generators have exponential slopes and were designed to work with the linear AJH VCA. Tallin should work fine.

The only caveat is that I’ve noticed some modules don’t get along with some AJH modules—I presume this is some impedance issue, but I am no engineer. For example, Maths doesn’t get along with my AJH filters—I have to run the output of Maths through another module (e.g., buffered multiple) first, and then everything is ok. Should be a rare problem.

Thanks, appreciated.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1