Roland UM One , any other Roland interfaces ?

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

h4ndcrafted
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Roland UM One , any other Roland interfaces ?

Post by h4ndcrafted » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:24 pm

I bought this interface the other day, mainly because I found the midi on my Roland sys 1m to be so solid.

I’m really impressed , it seems to have minimal jitter and be very solid for transfer. I think Roland drivers must be pretty good, on Mac at least.

I don’t see that Roland has released multi midi interface , is there a more recent one? I know people rate the sbx-1 , but that is single I/O as far as I remember.
We don't want to conquer space at all. We want to expand Earth endlessly. We don't want other worlds; we want a mirror.

Notron fn
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Notron fn » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:51 am

Yeah, i think they stopped making the Edirol UM-550 & UM-880s a while ago.

They still seem to work great for me (two um-880 units) with the core midi drivers on Mojave. Hopefully they'll still work with Catalina.

The timing is pretty solid with the timestamping in logic.
Insert pithy statement here

dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Roland UM One , any other Roland interfaces ?

Post by dubonaire » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:28 am

h4ndcrafted wrote:I bought this interface the other day, mainly because I found the midi on my Roland sys 1m to be so solid.

I’m really impressed , it seems to have minimal jitter and be very solid for transfer. I think Roland drivers must be pretty good, on Mac at least.

I don’t see that Roland has released multi midi interface , is there a more recent one? I know people rate the sbx-1 , but that is single I/O as far as I remember.
It seems Roland has discontinued its midi interface line. It's a shame really. I've only recently come to learn that its products are super stable.

h4ndcrafted
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by h4ndcrafted » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:15 am

Ah well that sucks, maybe I’ll have to give my instruments personal um ones ?
I have no idea how stable in class compliant mode though ? So let’s hope they keep up on the drivers.
We don't want to conquer space at all. We want to expand Earth endlessly. We don't want other worlds; we want a mirror.

dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dubonaire » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:26 am

h4ndcrafted wrote:Ah well that sucks, maybe I’ll have to give my instruments personal um ones ?
I have no idea how stable in class compliant mode though ? So let’s hope they keep up on the drivers.
I'm happy with the iConnectivity Mio10.

h4ndcrafted
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by h4ndcrafted » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:31 am

Yes a Mio was my second choice, I will need to get a multi interface, heard good things. Cheers

Return to “General Gear”