MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Looking for advice based on current set up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Looking for advice based on current set up
nuc43
1 spot left in my 2nd Portable 22 space my current modules are listed. I tried to keep a balanced system but feel lite in VCAs & ENV so for last spot thinking SSL Envelope / VCA Combo – Model 1235, also been thinking about dropping the Midi Modules perfect world does not include Midi Dalek Dalek Dalek

2 Q106 OSCILLATOR
1 Q141 OSCILLATOR AID
1 WAVE RUNNER LFO FREQ CENTRAL
2 Q157 LFO++
1 SYNTHETIC SOUND LABS 1200
1 FSFX 101 MACRO OSCILLATOR
1 Q107 SV FILTER
1 Q107A SV FILTER
1 SEA DEVIL STG
1 Q127 FFB
1 Q149 FFB AID
2 Q109 ENVELOPE
2 Q179 ENVELOPES++
1 Q112 MIXER 4ch
1 Q114 MIXER++
1 Q124 MULTIPLES
1 Q157 SH++
1 Q148 VCA++
1 Q108 VCA
1 Q173 GATE MATH
1 Q179 MIDI GATES
1 Q174 MIDI INTERFACE
1 Q116 RING MODULATOR
1 Q155 CURVER
1 Q130 CLIPPER
1 Q110 NOISE
1 PULSE MATRIX STG
1 FSFX ORNAMENT & CRIME
1 FX CAPACITOR SSL
ranix
I advise you use what you have to make some music
Ockeghem
Your setup is really versatile now. Blank panel is perhaps the most elegant option. hihi
Putte
Standard answer/question, how do you use your system, and for what kind of music?
I´m thinking there´s no sequencer. Do you use an external. Otherwise, why not one of the 1U sequencers?
josaka
got an O_c in there..
nuc43
Yeah so the O_C has sequencer, env++ has eight steps between the two, Gate Math, micro brute se can also do some sequencing and I have 16 step analog sequencer that sits outside the system. That said still thinking about Q960

Just have it in my mind I need more utilizes now LOL, Attenuators, etc. Maybe the SSL 1510 Octal Linear VCA Module

As far as music style lately been moving away from house/techno synced by TR8 going to more experimental sounds driven by the modular

Planning on getting a new 22 space and possible offloading some external gear to re invest into the modular
kindredlost
The octal VCA is a lot of channels but you will need cv sources for each. A dedicated VCA such as the Q108 or Q178 has its own gain control so it is more universal in scope. Sometimes a vca is useful just for attenuation or inversion but those functions can be managed with attenuators or reversable attenuators or even a mixer to some degree.
The combo of the octal VCAs and expander is very cool. I use mine in almost every patch now. There is quite a bit of real estate there though. If you are thinking of stepping away from midi then the Midi Gates might be a good cut. I am always on the fence about the FFB output module. I rarely use it but your mileage may vary.
nuc43
kindredlost wrote:
The octal VCA is a lot of channels but you will need cv sources for each. A dedicated VCA such as the Q108 or Q178 has its own gain control so it is more universal in scope. Sometimes a vca is useful just for attenuation or inversion but those functions can be managed with attenuators or reversable attenuators or even a mixer to some degree.
The combo of the octal VCAs and expander is very cool. I use mine in almost every patch now. There is quite a bit of real estate there though. If you are thinking of stepping away from midi then the Midi Gates might be a good cut. I am always on the fence about the FFB output module. I rarely use it but your mileage may vary.

I wasn’t using FFB as much, until I got FX Capacitor I can boost the signal through feedback input, get some good sounds out it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1