MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Any advanced modules that use AI or machine learning ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Any advanced modules that use AI or machine learning ?
Midiot
Besides simply recalling your last module settings,
....are there any modules that employ "machine learning" or other AI technology ??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine_learning
ignatius
no
necrobious
Grids used ML to build up the map is uses
Quote:
At the core of Grids is a map, that has been obtained through machine learning techniques, of the drum patterns used in a large collection of electronic music tracks and drum loops.
I dont believe it is learning/training when you are using it, you are using the static product of a ML model instead.
Midiot
People are trying...

Sony..."Flow Machines" link

or

Google's "Magenta" link

...but those aren't modules.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTXU9Z0NYoU
thor.lucas
This is kind of an interesting idea, but what would you train it on? What would be the goal here
forestcaver
Depends what you mean by AI and machine learning.

If self organising maps and Markov models count then you can add Grids (already mentioned), Marbles and TiNRS Tuesday. There are also some modules that model trivially small (analog) neural networks and axons but I dont really count these.
fac
I've been meaning to code some of my own algorithms in my Ardcores but that has been going on for years...
MarcelP
thor.lucas wrote:
This is kind of an interesting idea, but what would you train it on? What would be the goal here

It could decide for itself what modules it needs next. Could even learn when it's full and how to say no - but not if I train it...
Midiot
Google Voice....Amazon Echo...

"please connect my favorite VCO to my favorite Filter Oh, and warm my coffee, thanks"
pld
There was this factor oracle thing.

I mean there's a TensorFlow implementation for microcontrollers, but that doesn't make coming up with useful/fun things any easier smile
batch
“The Oracle” by Pucktronics used some form of machine learning to make melodies out of whatever CV you fed into it.

I had it for a while but didn’t get in with it, you might find one secondhand.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1