MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Vult Freak Filter meets the Euro Modular World
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Vult Freak Filter meets the Euro Modular World
Bob Borries
The Freak Manifold Filter is digital filter created by Leonardo Laguna Ruiz who is obsessed with analog filters and wanted to bring analog goodness to the digital realm.

This is interesting because those of us that use VCV Rack Software will recognize this filter as a part of it's environment, but this is a hardware module you can get for your case. Version 2 of this Module has two modes (Stereo & Duo Filter) and 12 filter models (many can achieve Low, High and bandpass).

FILTER MODES:

Tangents: Lowpass, Highpass & Bandpass
Models the Steiner-Parker filter circuit. This model comes in three variations: TANGENTS (original) is based on a modified filter derived from the Yusynth design published by Ives Usson. TANGENTS-MS has a modified feedback path. TANGENTS-XX is more aggressive.

Lateralus: Lowpass 6dB, Lowpass 12dB, Lowpass 18dB and Lowpass 24dB
A model of the diode/transistor ladder filter from Moog or Roland.

Nurage: Lowpass
Simulates the Vactrol behavior of the low pass gate designed by Buchla.

Ferox: Lowpass, Highpass, Bandpass, Notch
CMOS Filter Ferox is a model of a CMOS filter. This kind of filter uses a “not” logic gate which is typically used in digital electronics. The Wasp synthesizer used a CMOS filter.

Vortex: Lowpass & Highpass
Russian Filter Vortex, is based on the circuit found in the Polivoks synthesizer. This circuit uses a special kind of OP-AMPs that allow you to control their bandwidth.

Stabile: Lowpass, Highpass & Bandpass
A well-behaved State-Variable filter. If you like Stabile, but want a bit more crunch, you can try Unstabile.

Unstabile: Lowpass, Highpass & Bandpass
This model is based on the idea of starving the circuit until the electronic components start behaving strange.

Vorg: Lowpass & Highpass
MS-20 Style Filter Vorg is modelled after the OTA (Operational Transconductance Amplifier)

Boomstick: Lowpass
Modelled after the basic Sallen-Key filter architecture.

Rescomb: Comb++ and Comb- -
A resonant Comb filter. Comb filters are a special kind of filters that can be obtained by adding to the original signal a delayed copy of the same. The resulting effect is the cancellation some of the frequencies according to the length of the delay. Rescomb provides two modes providing Notch or Peaks.

Debriatus: DIST+FOLD+SAT or CRUSH+FOLD+SAT
Debriatus is a chain of wave-shapers that will help you destroy your input signal. Wave Folder, Bit Crusher, Asymmetric Distortion and Saturation The four effects can be operated in two modes: DIST+FOLD+SAT (Distortion, Wave Folding, Saturation) of CRUSH+FOLD+SAT (Bit Crush, Wave Folding, Saturation).

http://www.vult-dsp.com/freak

More Modes will come with firmware updates. I have nothing to do with the Vult Company, but it seems there’s no post on Muffwiggler that features this new Euro Module.
Paranormal Patroler
More stereo filters is It's peanut butter jelly time!
Did you design the panels on your post?
Hooft
Sounds great!! El Dr. Vult really knows his stuff.
BlinkyLights
Meta AF.

A VCV module becomes Hardware.

Trippy.
Bob Borries
Paranormal Patroler wrote:

The design on the actual module wasn't done by me, but I did redraw them for the post, I was trying to get my head around the knob re-assignments for the duo mode. Which is an amazing cause you can have a left and right filter with different CV's on the cutoff, and this creates amazing stereo effects like the QPAS. This is something I wish Rossum would do with his Morpheus Filter.
pekbro
I’ve heard really good things about this and I am a fan of the designers
software products. I am a little hesitant to buy a fully digital filter for
some reason. Maybe because I already have his software stuff.
Hooft
Another one from Omri Cohen, sounds pretty good to me:

Hard to argue with a dual filter featuring 11 topologies for this price: €185/225 in kit/assembled form.

To be clear, I could personally care less about MS20 or Polivoks emulation, but having something on the other side to run these through opens up a world of possibilities. I wonder what else he's going to implement for it in future?

May just have to snag one.
Paranormal Patroler
Bob Borries wrote:
Paranormal Patroler wrote:

The design on the actual module wasn't done by me, but I did redraw them for the post, I was trying to get my head around the knob re-assignments for the duo mode. Which is an amazing cause you can have a left and right filter with different CV's on the cutoff, and this creates amazing stereo effects like the QPAS. This is something I wish Rossum would do with his Morpheus Filter.

Shit, that would've been great actually. sad banana
Switchzik
This one sounds so good !
Honestly, i'm quite impress by what I hear from this demo.

Not only a filter but also effects (disto, wavefolder, bitcrusher) and a resComb, all that in stereo !
At that price it's a steal. woah
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1