MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Clouds Alternative
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Clouds Alternative
BenjaminC
Hi , i've sold the clouds to have more Hp to ad another filter .
wich alternative can you recommend ?
Thks
lisa
Michigan Synth Works ┬ÁBurst is a tiny version of Clouds, if you want exactly the same function. If you want to go super small you could try out 2hp Grain.
gtrmstr53
Qu-Bit Nebulae is a granular module that piqued my interest a little while ago. It's about the same size as Clouds though, if that's something you're looking to avoid.

Also, the Monsoon is another Clouds clone in fewer hp that people seem to like a lot. I forget the manufacturer's name...
cackland
There is also Antumbra Smog, 8HP version of MI Clouds.

http://www.antumbra.eu/redesign/smog

spilthyfred
The Calsynth Monsoon is pretty awesome. It is an expanded clouds and its smaller too.
Bignorthumbrian
I have a Monsoon as well as Clouds, Monsoon is smaller, has more controls and a very good user interface.
BAD f r u i t
There's the Load Runner by Pulse Synthesizers which doesn't seem to have the same effects as Clouds but does have a big LCD screen which allows your to see the waveform and gives you numerical values for all your adjustments which, I imagine, would enable you to replicate things easily. It also has an SD slot like the Morphagene. It's a pretty wide module, don't know if you have the space for it.

There's also the Instruo Arbhar which I've seen people talk about as a Morphagene killer but I also see potential overlap with Clouds.
behndy
spilthyfred wrote:
The Calsynth Monsoon is pretty awesome. It is an expanded clouds and its smaller too.

iiiiii had tried to enjoy Clouds like 19 times, never couldn't. and the Monsoon was a blast to use from jump.

CalSynth is a MONSTER builder too.
Joe_D
I personally found Monsoon to be much more useful than uClouds (and presumably the original, which I never had), because Monsoon gives the "buried" controls their own knobs.

Also, I like the four sliders instead of knobs for very quick and easy tweaking while performing. Monsoon's four sliders also have bicolor LED's that show you the incoming CV levels (not the slider's value). It's an awful lot of power in 10HP.
ozmoziz
Joe_D wrote:
I personally found Monsoon to be much more useful than uClouds (and presumably the original, which I never had), because Monsoon gives the "buried" controls their own knobs.

Also, I like the four sliders instead of knobs for very quick and easy tweaking while performing. Monsoon's four sliders also have bicolor LED's that show you the incoming CV levels (not the slider's value). It's an awful lot of power in 10HP.

+1 for Monsoon. The simultaneous available functions (Mix, Stereo, Feedback, Reverb) where the main reason to get one. Still happy with it.
benofbrown
I love my Monsoon, I use it in every patch (even if it's just doing reverb).
paranormind
People often mention the Qu-Bit Nebulae, but isn't the Prism even closer?

(By the way, I feel like this Prism is a beast on paper but found all the online demos a bit disappointing thus far...)
starthief
paranormind wrote:
People often mention the Qu-Bit Nebulae, but isn't the Prism even closer?

(By the way, I feel like this Prism is a beast on paper but found all the online demos a bit disappointing thus far...)

Prism is just a delay, filter and bitcrusher, it's nothing at all like Clouds.

Prism sounds okay, especially the filter, but is kind of disappointing overall IMHO. The delay lacks separate control over feedback and mix, doesn't modulate at high rates and slews badly when using stepped modulation/sequences. The bitcrusher doesn't sound as good as 2hp Freez or other alternatives.

Honestly I think the Clouds Parasite delay is a better delay/filter combo than Prism, and that's just one available mode smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1