MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Anyone have an idealtek PCSA PCB holder and can answer a ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Anyone have an idealtek PCSA PCB holder and can answer a ?
xonetacular
Can you confirm if the max working height of the pcsa-1 and pcsa 2 is really only 220mm (8.7") or two 104mm boards with the center piece as the data sheet says? it looks a lot bigger than that in all vids/pics I see. The pcsa-4 looks huge yet is only listed as 350mm high work space (13.8") but the pcsa-2 would be perfect if it fit a little bigger than advertised. I want to be able to fit two 5" high boards on top of each other.

if you have one of these (any model) and can measure the actual usable vertical space/post a pic with a ruler that would be a big help
Rowan
I have a PCSA-2 and can confirm that the working board height is 220mm, as the rails are spring loaded you could actually squeeze a board that’s 230mm in.

xonetacular
Awesome, thank you for that! ok so a little bigger but not much. guess I need the big MFer unfortunately.
Graham Hinton
xonetacular wrote:
Can you confirm if the max working height of the pcsa-1 and pcsa 2 is really only 220mm (8.7") or two 104mm boards with the center piece as the data sheet says?

The data sheet is wrong. I have a PCSA-2 and with the rails at their extreme positions you can get a 240mm board in easily, 245mm if you don't have the rails fully released. Turn the rails so that all knurled brass locks are towards the centre. Still not big enough for 2x 5" though.
xonetacular
Graham Hinton wrote:
xonetacular wrote:
Can you confirm if the max working height of the pcsa-1 and pcsa 2 is really only 220mm (8.7") or two 104mm boards with the center piece as the data sheet says?

The data sheet is wrong. I have a PCSA-2 and with the rails at their extreme positions you can get a 240mm board in easily, 245mm if you don't have the rails fully back.

Ok thank you, my intuition was right then. What is the biggest you can fit on top and bottom in the 2 row config with the center rail in?
Graham Hinton
xonetacular wrote:
What is the biggest you can fit on top and bottom in the 2 row config with the center rail in?

120mm or 4.75" absolute maximum with the brass locks inwards.
xonetacular
thank you. might just have to go for the pcsa-4 and maybe get a pcsa-1 later if it is too unwieldy for smaller stuff
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1