MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Reverb is banning Buchla compatible 200r/clone sales?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Reverb is banning Buchla compatible 200r/clone sales?
mritenburg
Heard from a seller that Reverb banned his 200r sales for Trademark infringement. Anyone else experiencing this?
tobb
Banned or listing has been edited?
mritenburg
I cropped the message they sent him to protect his identity, but yes, Reverb permanently suspended his sales on a number of clones.

tobb
Strange,there are other 200r sales still alive using the Buchla Brand name in title and/or text.
lasesentaysiete
It happened to me, as well. My listing was for a 100 Series DIY module. I received the exact message shown above and asked for clarification, but received none. It is pretty weak and inconsistent on their part.

But, I re-listed the module today with different wording in the ad--this time specifying "Buchla format"--and it has not been removed, yet.
diller
mritenburg wrote:
Heard from a seller that Reverb banned his 200r sales for Trademark infringement. Anyone else experiencing this?

Can you change your subject title? It is misleading to the actual matter at hand.

If users flag your listing it may be taken down until you sort it out with Reverb but it is purely on a case by case basis. Have the seller call Reverb. They are probably just listing the items wrong.

There are plenty of clones listed and not banned. Even selling them as brand new clearly with rash on them which is a violation of Reverb listing policy and will probably be taken down when they are eventually flagged.
https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=buchla&sort=published_at%7Cdesc
tobb
diller wrote:

If users flag your listing it may be taken down until you sort it out with Reverb but it is purely on a case by case basis.

So,its just all about a single jealous arsehole?
diller
lasesentaysiete wrote:
It happened to me, as well. My listing was for a 100 Series DIY module. I received the exact message shown above and asked for clarification, but received none. It is pretty weak and inconsistent on their part.

But, I re-listed the module today with different wording in the ad--this time specifying "Buchla format"--and it has not been removed, yet.

I have seen your 100 listings and they shouldn't be flagged like that. If any listing is transparent that shouldn't happen to anyone. Call Reverb and tell them to stop jerking you around or you are going to take your business to eBay.

Reverb does not police their listings. They expect snitches to do their job for them so it is users flagging your listings. Call Reverb.
diller
tobb wrote:
diller wrote:

If users flag your listing it may be taken down until you sort it out with Reverb but it is purely on a case by case basis.

So,its just all about a single jealous arsehole?

It could be multiple people or just one person being repetitive.
lasesentaysiete
diller wrote:

I have seen your 100 listings and they shouldn't be flagged like that. If any listing is transparent that shouldn't happen to anyone. Call Reverb and tell them to stop jerking you around or you are going to take your business to eBay.

Reverb does not police their listings. They expect snitches to do their job for them so it is users flagging your listings. Call Reverb.

I told them that their reasoning was wrong (similar to what you mention here), but i cannot be bothered to get into it with them. I will see what happens with the new listing. I DID suspect external pressure, though, especially since their was no apparent trademark infringement. From what I can tell, on the Buchla name is trademarked (held by Ezra Buchla).
Kent
I got nailed for it this morning for this panel.

They edited the title and I adapted it to include "format".

Eric did tell me that he would exercise Buchla's rights in the future. It was some time ago. No big deal as they haven't deleted the sales. They simply ask for very clear language (thus far...)

I don't remember how I had titled it, alas.
tobb
The dickhole that flags is reading atm and reporting.
mritenburg
lasesentaysiete wrote:
From what I can tell, on the Buchla name is trademarked (held by Ezra Buchla).

There is only one active Buchla trademark and it is held by BUSA and it only pertains to the word “Buchla” in a specific font and color:

lasesentaysiete
mritenburg wrote:
lasesentaysiete wrote:

There is only one active Buchla trademark and it is held by BUSA and it only pertains to the word “Buchla” in a specific font and color:

Ok, thanks for clarifying. It would seem none of these ads actually violate that trademark, then.

seriously, i just don't get it
mritenburg
lasesentaysiete wrote:
mritenburg wrote:
lasesentaysiete wrote:

Ok, thanks for clarifying. It would seem none of these ads actually violate that trademark, then.

:despair:

That’s my thinking. If you entitle your add “Buchla-compatible” you should be fine, but Reverb may be taking the ultra risk-adverse approach under safe-harbor to ensure that they don’t wind up on the wrong end of an infringement lawsuit.
diller
mritenburg wrote:
I cropped the message they sent him to protect his identity, but yes, Reverb permanently suspended his sales on a number of clones.

There is not enough info to support this is accurate. We don't know if he had Buchla written on them or the listing. Trying to pull a Terry Town and passing them off as vintage. I don't want to come off as supporting Reverb in this case but you guys are not listening to what I am telling you. It is some person or persons specifically flagging the individual listing and it get's taken down until it is reviewed. It's not Reverb banning listings. Unless it is brought to the attention of Reverb through a report the listing will stay live until sold. If you get a message of permanent block on the listing just call Reverb and tell them what's going on. If someone isn't doing their job right they will fix it and apologize and teach their staff the correct protocol. If you are not phrasing your listing correctly on Reverb they will tell you where you are in the wrong and how to fix it. It's very simple. Call Reverb.

Read the Reverb privacy policy. They are not going to bend over backwards for Eric or any other company because they lose fee and processing money. It's a peer to peer marketplace, not a dealership.
Peake
This is unpleasant :(
weedywhizz
Same happened here.
Title was: Buchla 281 clone
ArguZ
One wonders, is a replica made be a third party , based on schematics of a vintage circuit and later endorsed by the originals manufacturer's follow up company a clone or not ?
Barely philosophically speaking wink
aethyr
This happened to me some time ago, adding format and clone to the headline seemed to remove the flags. Sorry to hear about the pain
Lux A Turner
If the trademark / copyright / patent owner makes a complaint to Reverb alleging infringement, then Reverb have to take it down, or risk being sued themselves. It happens on Etsy (owners of Reverb) and Ebay all the time.

And yes, there are probably several other infringing items being listed - it's just that the IP owner hasn't got around to reporting them yet.
Kent
All Behringer clones get pulled lol
Reed
https://reverb.com/item/29603365-pile-of-copyright-infringement-crap-m ade-to-look-like-buchla-modules
Fuzz
Reed wrote:
https://reverb.com/item/29603365-pile-of-copyright-infringement-crap-m ade-to-look-like-buchla-modules

Oh shit!!! What a mic drop!
thetwlo
If it's misleading, calling it "Buchla" that isn't right, just like every brand, if it wasn't built by them. Of course if it just read " buchla format...clone... that's different.
Look at all the "Mutable Instruments" modules for sale, that aren't built by them.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2