MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Programming a random step length for SQ1 with MS20m
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Programming a random step length for SQ1 with MS20m
Pahat_Kengat
I know this might be a bit of a long shot, but is there a way to make a patch between SQ1 and MS20m that alters the sequence's step length "randomly"?

The step length doesn't have to be purely random: even a simple cycle between notably faster and slower notes is enough. I'm wondering whether this would be possible by creating a patch similar to the classic S/H randomizer patch and using that to sync the SQ1's tempo, but I can't get to test this out in practice before the end of the week.

Does anyone have a patch written down how the wanted effect could be achieved, or even an idea how to approach the situation?
kcd06
What about using the output of a noise source--filtered or otherwise--as the clock for the sequencer?
Pahat_Kengat
This is roughly what I had in mind: to use a noise source to clock the S/H, and then use that to sync the sequence. But I didn't consider just syncing the sequence direct with a noise source. I'll give that a shot as well! w00t
electricanada
Noise into the ms20 external in, trigger out to clock the sq1.
Pahat_Kengat
electricanada wrote:
Noise into the ms20 external in, trigger out to clock the sq1.

This solution worked like a dream. I changed the patch around just a bit, and replaced the noise source with a steady drone with quite heavy harmonics. This lead to the sequence playing exactly like I wanted it to: fast and hectic at times, and with a little shape of the threshold control, drastically slower at other times.

Thanks for the tip! cool w00t
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1