MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Desktop mixer users, how do you organize your cables?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Author Desktop mixer users, how do you organize your cables?
Arneb
Hi everyone,

so, I'm mentally building a live setup consisting of a desktop sequencer, about 300HP of euro, and a mixer at the end. I don't really want to deal with an in-rack performance mixer, as those things tend to gobble up HP while still being on the fiddly side. So, desktop mixer it is.

However, I'm worrying that running a patch cable from every voice (quite a few of those, as I'm synthesizing my own drums) into a desktop mixer will result in a lot of dangling cables in front of my modular, and I can't really figure out how to run them. Simply placing the mixer behind the modular doesn't really work either, I'd still have to access the mixer on stage.

So, since I'm apparently not the only one to use modular with a desktop mixer, I'm wondering what other users' experiences on this are?

Cheers,
Arneb
BugBrand
I organise 'voices' through my modular with outputs aiming to be on the outsides - mainly down the right hand side, but also along the top (send/returns there, actually) - these can then neatly go over to the mixer sitting on the right. I then use releasable cable-ties to bunch the cables neatly out of the way of the active patching.
dubonaire
I use one of these

https://nw2s.net/products/nw2s-io-balanced

Arneb
nw2s isn't entirely clear on what kind of cabling you need to connect two of those... also, how do you connect this to the mixer? A second nw2s::io in a 4ms pod?
void23
Arneb wrote:
nw2s isn't entirely clear on what kind of cabling you need to connect two of those... also, how do you connect this to the mixer? A second nw2s::io in a 4ms pod?

lol ... Sometimes it's just too obvious. https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-DTP802-Snake-Cable-6-6Ft/dp/B001B2SA30/ref =asc_df_B001B2SA30/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312152993681&hvp os=1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11253495728043442830&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvd ev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1014221&hvtargid=pla-492294978931&ps c=1
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Page 1 of 1