MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

5u Tiptop happy ending kit?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author 5u Tiptop happy ending kit?
eboats
Is there anything in 5u/dotcom land similar to the Euro Tiptop happy ending kit? I have some dotcom modules and am not interested in getting a heavy cabinet or travel case, just something lightweight, simple, and inexpensive like a HEK all-in-one solution with rails/ears that I can put in the studio (which won't be moved ).

I see that dotcom has a QCR8 rack frame, but looks like I'd still need to get a rack enclosure to put it in. If I go this route, any suggestions for a light inexpensive one? I'd like something I can put on a 2nd tier keyboard stand.
Ockeghem
Box 11 comes to mind...but no rails and rack ears.
Henfield
You could use the QCR8, like you mentioned, which needs a rack case ( just like the Tiptop kit). You could use a QPS 2 power supply, if you can find one. Otherwise, you would need a QPS 4 or a QPS 6 power supply with a QIC-H connector cable and a QDH 20 power harness to power it all.

The Box 11 is less complicated, as you only need a QPS 4 or a QPS 6 to power it. The Box 11 also holds more modules than the QCR8 and has a built-in mult.

I don't know of a source for lightweight rack cases, most of the SKB and Gator molded rack cases are much deeper than required for MU modules.
hamildad
Moon cases are pretty bare bones...
Synthoholic
There are tabletop rack stands for around $30 but they aren't closed. Your circuits would be exposed.
defutura
Synthoholic wrote:
There are tabletop rack stands for around $30 but they aren't closed. Your circuits would be exposed.

But the circuits are exposed with a Happy Ending Kit, as well, aren't they?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1