MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Sid Converting Press and Release to Mono
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author Sid Converting Press and Release to Mono
Titus
Hey guys.

Abit of a CL noob just to say.

I'm trying to use Sid through Field Kit and FX etc but I can't seem to get both press and release (left and right). It seems unless I plug Sid directly to speakers, I loose release. I was wondering if there was a way of converting left and right sound (press release) to a mono without loosing right (release).

What equipment might I need for this?

Hope that makes sense!

As this is my first post, I want to pay my respects to Mike McGrath. I have only got in to CL over the past 8 months or so and wasn't aware of Muffwiggler before then. Since, I've found it stunningly useful as a reference to Sid and Coco. It's lovely to see such a community around CL and other Euro wonders. So thank you Mike McGrath and may you rest in peace.
mrbloor
Hi & welcome.

Output on sid is a stereo minijack & the press & release is hard panned left & right.

You can use a stereo minijack to 2 x mono jack cables with a mixer & just centre pan both channels or get a stereo to mono summed cable like this (apologise for amazon link). cable. You'll get press & release through the mono jack, I use these for connecting to guitar pedals.

For the field kit, the only thing I've found is to use 2 channels on the field kit with one of these cable
Titus
mrbloor wrote:
Hi & welcome.

Output on sid is a stereo minijack & the press & release is hard panned left & right.

You can use a stereo minijack to 2 x mono jack cables with a mixer & just centre pan both channels or get a stereo to mono summed cable like this (apologise for amazon link). cable. You'll get press & release through the mono jack, I use these for connecting to guitar pedals.

For the field kit, the only thing I've found is to use 2 channels on the field kit with one of these cable

That makes so much sense! Will give it a try.

Nice to see more CL in London too!

Thank ya very much
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1