MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Behringer Wasp Clone incoming
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Behringer Wasp Clone incoming
paperCUT
Certainly a good time to be into analog synths.

h4ndcrafted
No buzz ?
onthebandwagon
more bizz
h4ndcrafted
Could be a fun controller , I hope add some fun to it.
diffrentstrolks
nostalghia
CosmicFlight
hyper hyper hyper
giugno
i wonder if this will mean i can't eventually resell my jasper for a lot hihi
electricfence
I hope it has a drone mode.
Voltcontrol
Wasp Deluxe clone surely? I wonder how they'll approach the digital oscillators. If additional shapes and potentially wavetables are added this could be quite a fun one.
dubnspace
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BehrWASP--behringer-wasp-deskt op-synthesizer
DMR
dubnspace wrote:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BehrWASP--behringer-wasp-deskt op-synthesizer

It doesn't really make sense for this to be in the Eurorack-able form factor, since it doesn't seem to have any CV inputs or outputs, just oscillator outputs and filter input...
evilspock
Agreed...man a real missed opportunity by Behringer to CV in/out the hell out of a Wasp. I think I'd rather just try to find a nice Wasp filter clone with these connections available.
bliss000
Nice that you can route the two osc out to a ring mod then back into the mix. Lack of filter cv input is a bit odd though hmmm.....
thetwlo
this is is a more exciting one, and they even state: " made its predecessor infamous in esoteric synth circles. "
So for that crowd, I would think, they'd add more CV/audio in/outs, Not less, than their other clones
Dumb.

...and if they had a clue, they'd add a second "wasp" filter. Then, this might be special!
seychmar
Daisy chaining capability coupled with the price sounds interesting. Polyphonic Wasp anyone?
burnn_out!
Disappointing lack of cv control mixed with lack of a keyboard makes this a head scratcher.
deftinwulf
Agreed with most of the comments here. Was immediately super excited when I saw the announcement but then cooled off rapidly...

Wasp Deluxe with no keyboard?
Eurorack unit with 3 patch points?
Digital oscs with no upgrades/tweaks? (how about 4 voice paraphony?)

First Behringer clone I'm not quite hyped about... hmmm.....
monads
evilspock wrote:
...I think I'd rather just try to find a nice Wasp filter clone with these connections available.

Maybe the ADDAC705 Stinggy Filter!
coolshirtdotjpg
I look forward to buying one for next to nothing used and circuit bending the hell out of it. Lots of room on that panel.
h4ndcrafted
Well that’s shit ...a hard pass Behringer
coolshirtdotjpg
I mean, isn't this sort of a good thing? If you want a wasp filter get the doepfer, if you want an advanced dual wasp filter, go to random source, if you want a cheap wasp to process audio and use with your midi keyboard, get the behringer, if you want a nice clone either build a jasper or spend 800 bucks on one someone's already built. It's actually kind of nice that it doesn't disrupt the ecosystem and adds an alternative. I agree it would be cooler with tons of CV control or a weird touch keyboard, but it's cheap and if you already have a midi equipped studio, it's an easy way to add a wasp to your sound. Not a slam dunk like the model d or neutron, but I'll definitely get one.
h4ndcrafted
I suppose you’re right , I was looking forward to a keyboard version though.
lisa
We know that it’ll be quite well made (based on Model D, K2, etc). The price is like a fifth of what a original Wasp would cost you, or even less. Some might have hoped for more features but however you view it, it’s a bargain.
coolshirtdotjpg
Just realized that this plus a microfreak would would only set you back ~ 600, less if used and would offer a lot of interesting hybrid sounds.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2