MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

251e gremlins (again)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author 251e gremlins (again)
corkyburger
Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this behaviour with the 251e.

I'm using two channels in S&h mode, using pulse outs from the 281e and SRV's from the 266e. I've used this successfully in the past (in fact it was working fine just yesterday!), pre-programming a sequence of notes in a key, and using the SRV to determine which steps are played, with as much/little random as I like. (by using the skew to move through the steps and adjusting the chaos and degree controls to set how much random I want)

So that was all working fine till today when I noticed that the 251e wouldn't go any lower than step 15. I have the degree and chaos dials set to zero and the skew set to zero, so I should be seeing step 1 on the 251 repeating. But, as i said, it won't go any lower than step 15.

I have switched off and on, tried a blank patch memory.

I want to love this module but damn it drives me mad......
dougcl
Not sure this is related, and it's not clear in your post if you are doing this, but whenever I run 281e pulses to the 251e the 251e freaks out. The problem as I understand it is that the 281e pulses, which are 15V in magnitude, are too much for the 251e. Note all other pulses in the system are 10V max. Conversely, the 251e is the only module in the system that has this problem.

I have also had trouble using S&H on the 251e to reach the full range, but it was at the upper end.

You could try eliminating the 266e and use another channel of the 251e to produce 0-10V just to check. Also try using pulses from another 251e channel.
missingtwin
And don’t try to save the delay parameter to a preset. It no worky.
Ah, Buchla

Kent
Sure would be nice if Ezra Buchla would finish/fix this thing.
misa
Kent wrote:
Sure would be nice if Ezra Buchla would finish/fix this thing.

Then I will buy one!
Drillionaire
dougcl wrote:
the 281e pulses, which are 15V in magnitude,

This is only true for early revision 281e modules.
dougcl
Drillionaire wrote:

This is only true for early revision 281e modules.

No kidding. Good to know!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1