MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buchlas in Hongkong?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Buchlas in Hongkong?
misa
Hi,

are there any Buchla men and women (and/or everything in between and beyond) in Hongkong? (there must be!)

I am looking for contacts there, for a trip in March. If anyone can help connect me, I'd be very grateful!
dubonaire
misa wrote:
Hi,

are there any Buchla men and women (and/or everything in between and beyond) in Hongkong? (there must be!)

I am looking for contacts there, for a trip in March. If anyone can help connect me, I'd be very grateful!

Are you fully aware of what is going on in HK right now?
adam
80% of the population have been exposed to dioxins from tear gas apparently (i think this is more personal safety than politics) - there are maps of the exposed areas online, might be worth checking the situation out further before you travel
misa
Thank you very much for your concern.

I am fully aware of what's going on. I was invited to a private family function and want to get in touch with locals to be able to better gauge the situation.

I am keeping an eye on the news, knowing well that I might get stuck in the airport for longer than I might find convenient. If I was a journalist, I'd probably already be there, but since I'm an artist I'd like to get in touch with artists local to HK to engage in an exchange of ideas.

Experimental music for a better world...

humor aside. I really appreciate the warnings and it's not a given that I'm actually traveling. I'm putting out a feeler anyway, because I don't want to be just a tourist, but I want to know where I'm going.
dubonaire
The main risk is being misidentified, especially at night. If you go do not wear black or white shirts as these are the marks of the protesters and the gangs who are beating up protesters.
Kent
If you'd ever met Kai, you'd know that he will never be mistaken for a native.
dubonaire
Kent wrote:

This is the advice we are being in our workplace, and some colleagues who have been there recently say it's very easy to get caught up in the protests. I don't think not being asian is any guarantee of safety.
misa
Thank you for all the advice. I do take it seriously and will make sure to be in touch with locals and natives and heed their advice on then current events.

There is still some time until March so who knows where this is going to be in March.

I believe in music as a way to connect, to communicate and to create spaces and times for exchange. If the possibility is there (and feedback shows that there might be, I have already received a few very nice messages from people in Hongkong) so keep your fingers crossed and spread the word if you know someone who might know someone..wink

Thank you!
misa
Kent wrote:

I like to read that out of context and consider myself a guest from the future, no matter where I go. ;-)

(I was trying to show you what I look like but I can’t seem to upload a picture from mobile, so I mnvite younover to my website for you to get an idea: kainiggemann.com (it’s all in German for now but images work..;-)
misa
Thank you for all the advice. I do take it seriously and will make sure to be in touch with locals and natives and heed their advice on then current events.

There is still some time until March so who knows where this is going to be in March.

I believe in music as a way to connect, to communicate and to create spaces and times for exchange. If the possibility is there (and feedback shows that there might be, I have already received a few very nice messages from people in Hongkong) so keep your fingers crossed and spread the word if you know someone who might know someone..wink

Thank you!
dubonaire
misa wrote:

Thank you!

Have you been in touch with the modular stores there?
blipson
https://www.animatoaudio.com/

Tom Lee's got Roland, Korg, and Nord, but not really part of the modular scene. Their store in Tsim Sha Tsui is best for that, but protests can happen in that district on the weekend.

Tuesday through Friday afternoon are safe bets for getting around Hong Kong.
misa
Thanks for those pointers.

An old friend is just here to visit, he used to live in Hongkong, now works in Singapore and told me a lot of valuable things about Hongkong.

I will check out the modular/synth stores and get in touch.

Btw: Schneider TM and Ilpo Väisänen are currently touring Hongkong as “Die Angel”. Try to catch them if you are in Hongkong!
dubonaire
misa wrote:
Thanks for those pointers.

An old friend is just here to visit, he used to live in Hongkong, now works in Singapore and told me a lot of valuable things about Hongkong.

I will check out the modular/synth stores and get in touch.

Btw: Schneider TM and Ilpo Väisänen are currently touring Hongkong as “Die Angel”. Try to catch them if you are in Hongkong!

https://www.animatoaudio.com/

https://www.modularfreq.com/
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1