MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mannequins – Three Sisters Issue
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Mannequins – Three Sisters Issue
ozmoziz
Dear Wigglers,

I have a problem with my Three Sisters and wanted to know if anybody had a similar issue or has advise to solve the problem. Here the problem:

I have used the Three Sisters as a simple low pass filter (Osc into LOW and sound out of LOW). When I closed the filter (FREQ fully CCW) I could still hear the full unfiltered signal of the oscillator. This signal was much quiter than the filtered sound during filtersweeps but it was all the time present and hearable. The QUALITY knob was at noon, so the notch-effect shouldn’t be hearable. The unfiltered signal only disapeared completly when I turned the QUALITY knob to about 1 to 2 o‘clock which lead to an quite amount of resonance.

Thank you in advance

Peter
desolationjones
Three Sisters Quality knob: left of noon adds a phase-inverted copy of the dry signal to the mix, noonish should be full wet filter with small resonance, right of noon adds resonance. There is no way to get zero resonance on this filter.
ozmoziz
desolationjones wrote:
Three Sisters Quality knob: left of noon adds a phase-inverted copy of the dry signal to the mix, noonish should be full wet filter with small resonance, right of noon adds resonance. There is no way to get zero resonance on this filter.

I know that the Quality Knob CCW causes the mix with the phase-inverted signal, but the Quality Knob was at noon. I don't have an issue that I want zero resonance (I like the sound) but a had to dial in quite an amout of resonce to get rid of the phase-inverted signal (about 1 to 2 o‘clock).
BaloErets
Give this thread a read, specifically the 1st post. Sounds like its common to the Three Sisters (can't comment personally as I have never owned or used one)
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=168825&highlight=
ZargZorg
I can't fully close mine unless I have resonance slightly above 1
ozmoziz
Thanks for your support. I guess I just missed this behaviour before d'oh!

Will try to use this in my advantage thumbs up
mdoudoroff
Three Sisters, Mangrove, and Cold Mac each have leaky features—it’s just not a design priority for Whimsical Raps. The leaky tendencies are part of their unique characters, so you let it be or patch around it.
atrostor
That's true for Just Friends, too. The envelopes in Shape mode sit slightly above 0mV so the sound that's being enveloped leaks a tiny bit even when the envelope is fully closed. When I reached out to Whimsical Raps about this, they told me that this is a quirk of the module's design. Using an exponential VCA (and compensating for that with Curve controls) usually fixes this.

mdoudoroff wrote:
Three Sisters, Mangrove, and Cold Mac each have leaky features—it’s just not a design priority for Whimsical Raps. The leaky tendencies are part of their unique characters, so you let it be or patch around it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1