MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Gonkulator pedal
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Gonkulator pedal
h4ndcrafted
Gear4music has them for £60 at the moment , hoping it gonna be fun to put some drums through.
That’s quite a reduction compared anywhere else, hope there’s not a reason for that :nervous:

Anybody used ones these on drums or synths ?
https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/DOD-Gonkulator-Ring-Modulat or-Pedal/1B0O
GuyaGuy
Digitech/DOD is in the process of shutting down. It’s my understanding that they are only selling off stock so there have been blow outs of a lot of their pedals Stateside.
fac
I remember seeing an older version of this pedal (then called "Gonkulator Modulator") many years ago in a couple of stores. It wasn't expensive at all and I always regretted not buying one, since I like ring modulators.

I actually like the look of older version better:

fac
Wow, I just checked out a few stores and the new version is crazily expensive here. Ranging from $250 to $350. The older version was more like $80-$100.
3hands
I had an older one. That purple colour!!! I shouldn’t have sold it :(
vrfats
One of my bandmates uses a Gonkulator and it sounds pretty dirty and great. Kinda the opposite of the cleaner Moog Ring Mod. Someone recently told me that Trump's trade tarriffs had something to do with why Moogerfoogers arent being made anymore. I wonder if other pedal companies like DOD were affected and this has anything to do with them shutting down...
digitalganesha
I have a newer version of the Gonkulator, which is the best version because the one trimpot has been brought out to the panel. It's definitely a good nasty flavor in a pedal to have around. So yes, it plays with synths and drums well.
h4ndcrafted
Well the good thing about the new one, is you can tune it, with the old you’re stuck and one freq.

Good to hear Ganesha thumbs up
dkcg
vrfats wrote:
One of my bandmates uses a Gonkulator and it sounds pretty dirty and great. Kinda the opposite of the cleaner Moog Ring Mod. Someone recently told me that Trump's trade tarriffs had something to do with why Moogerfoogers arent being made anymore. I wonder if other pedal companies like DOD were affected and this has anything to do with them shutting down...

They were shutting down even before he was elected. I remember the DOD US rep (or some title like that, maybe project manager) posted on The Gear Page about it a few years ago.

They even had these on sale dirt cheap, no pun intended. I got one back then, still haven't opened the box, but remember it was significantly under $100 on sale direct from the manufacturer. I wanna say I paid $40, but it may have been more like $70.
SPIKE the Percussionist
h4ndcrafted wrote:
Gear4music has them for £60 at the moment , hoping it gonna be fun to put some drums through.
That’s quite a reduction compared anywhere else, hope there’s not a reason for that :nervous:

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/DOD-Gonkulator-Ring-Modulat or-Pedal/1B0O

i have put nothing but drum machines through this as of yet.

very neat violent noiz.
twisted
digitalganesha
SPIKE the Percussionist wrote:
h4ndcrafted wrote:

very neat violent noiz.
twisted

Do you have an EHX Frequency Analyzer too? Because running it after with the bass boost switch on is very neat violent SLAM noiz. Try this if you can, you will not be disappointed.
IR
I bought mine several years ago, I don't remember where, it might have cost a little more but not a lot more.

Only used it on guitar, but you can use the distortion (really more like an overdrive) by itself without the ring mod, or the other way around.
thetwlo
They were $50 a year or two ago, bought one sold it.
Years ago had the original, sold it as well, it's not bad, and was a rarer effect when it first came out, plenty of superior ring mods now. Hell, this was about the only one being made at the time.

Can't believe they kept making this one and not the Meatbox, or a Buzzbox re-issue.
southphillysynths
It's a great ringmod pedal for sure. I would not pay more than close to $100 for one.

I had the reissue come through the guitar shop I work at, think we sold it for ~$120.

I think its a steal at 60lbs for sure. If you miss out though, there are other probably better ring mods in the pedal world that are more flexible...
SPIKE the Percussionist
digitalganesha wrote:
SPIKE the Percussionist wrote:
h4ndcrafted wrote:

very neat violent noiz.
twisted

Do you have an EHX Frequency Analyzer too? Because running it after with the bass boost switch on is very neat violent SLAM noiz. Try this if you can, you will not be disappointed.

ooooh....
no i don't!

i will have to get one and try that out!!!

thanks!
GrayGoesBlack
Thanks for the head's up, that should be on it's way to my doorstep quite soon now.. hihi
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1