MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Novation Circuit Mono Station
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Novation Circuit Mono Station
Licudi
Focusrite is clearing out the Circuit Mono Station for half-price. No CV/Gate-in kills it for me, but £239 is cheap for what it does.

https://store.focusrite.com/en-gb/product/circuit-mono-station/NOVSYNT H08~NOVSYNTH08

EDIT: deal over & title amended. May as well keep this as a general Circuit Mono Station thread.
h4ndcrafted
That’s sweet, can you load BS2 patches on it ?
h4ndcrafted
I see it’s slightly different , bought one anyway , looks like a ton of fun for £250, maybe I should pick up a circuit too help
fac
I used to have a Circuit and truly regret selling it. The sequencer was extremely fun to use live and the synth engine was capable of interesting sounds, even if half the time I didn't know what I was doing (because the knobs respond differently to each preset).

I never cared much for the Mono Station until a few weeks ago, when I saw a couple of videos and thought it sounded pretty good. Even though it was basically monophonic (or paraphonic) and has a limited architecture, it seems to provide a much clearer UI and better interface with analog gear. I particularly like that it has CV outputs and syncs to analog clock, so it could be a good companion for my volcas and eurorack synth. Saw the discount yesterday and immediately ordered one. I'm really looking forward to try it.

And who knows? I might even get another Circuit someday.
DiscoDevil
How could I NOT at that price?
h4ndcrafted
Yeah, I’ve bought for the sequencer as much as anything , although I do miss my BS2 a bit.
I’ve bought so much gear recently , I need to put the breaks on, the only thing that would make this perfect is batteries.

Going have fun sequencing my monotribe on it.
jabberwalky
Although it's supposedly the same engine as the Bs2, I rarely get similar sounds from both. Completely different approach and architectures. The mono station excels more with recording modulations. It's not exactly a deep synth otherwise.
seta666
I just bought one too, for that price I think is a very good deal. That CV sequencer will be nice for my 0-coast too.
evilspock
Dammit, you guys are KILLING me.

Angel shoulder: "You don't need it, enjoy using all the amazing synths you already have!"

Devil shoulder: "But it's so damn cheap, you'd be a FOOL not to get one!!!"
evilspock
Devil won out, he always f**king does.
dubonaire
Yep. Devil beat me too. I'm sure I don't need it, but anyhow.
seta666
evilspock wrote:
Devil won out, he always f**king does.

Bad is good, good is bad.. Flamey
h4ndcrafted
Well you’d only regret it if you didn’t, besides at that price resale will probably be just as good, so nothing to lose.

Mine comes today, enjoy twisted
fac
evilspock wrote:
Dammit, you guys are KILLING me.

Angel shoulder: "You don't need it, enjoy using all the amazing synths you already have!"

Devil shoulder: "But it's so damn cheap, you'd be a FOOL not to get one!!!"

I stopped listening to the angel dude loooong time ago.

But seriously... it seems to me that the CMS is about to be discontinued - you can't find it in any store. Maybe Behringer has already killed the market, but right now there's nothing else with a similar sequencer/interface. I think that once these babies are sold out, they will appreciate in value.

While it arrives, take a look at the manual. Thing's a modulation monster.
fac
h4ndcrafted wrote:

That was fast! Mine is scheduled to arrive on monday. cry
h4ndcrafted
fac wrote:
h4ndcrafted wrote:

That was fast! Mine is scheduled to arrive on monday. cry

Well I’m in U.K. so...
Licudi
fac wrote:
you can't find it in any store.

Not quite so. Check out the price here:

https://kytary.co.uk/novation-circuit-mono-station/HN174118/
DiscoDevil
All of the demos for this thing are terrible. I played with one for a while earlier this year and I don't recall it sounding as bad as all of the youtube videos would suggest.
h4ndcrafted
Really, I thought the SonicState one wS sounding ok ?

Mines still in its bag , haven’t had the energy time to get into it yet.
DiscoDevil
h4ndcrafted wrote:
Really, I thought the SonicState one wS sounding ok ?

Mines still in its bag , haven’t had the energy time to get into it yet.

The reviews I've seen are fine but I haven't heard any actual music made with it that is impressive.
jdaddyaz
Bit the bullet. I've got to stop coming around to these parts. My kid is never going to make it to college at this rate.
chvad
wasnt looking at or needing it but grabbed it. lol. wanted a synthy grid thing.. was looking at medusa but if this scratches the itch even a little thats fine for me!
Gribs
OMG we are all the same lol

I just got online for some evening chit-chat and saw this thread. I ordered a Monostation from Focusrite this AM. Yesterday I thought "this is silly I don't need this at all and I just bought some other stuff." Then today I decided the deal is too good to pass up. If I decide I don't want it I will just give it to one of my two sons interested in electronic music. My daughter is more into symphonic and goth metal.

I have a Circuit already. They are a good deal, too. You get 2 Nova-style, 6-voice synths with editor software, a great polyphonic sequencer, and the drum channels. It is great quality for the price.
h4ndcrafted
This thing is so much fun , and I haven’t even put anything through it yet.
Going to make a fun distortion, filter gate tool, maybe worth it just for that.
desdinova
Novation stuff has, imo, always hit harder than its price point and the after-sale support is legend.
I hope they keep throwing money at Chris Huggett for stuff and never get sold off to some hedge fund to be run into the ground.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3