MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

What Boats Were Used for the COA Vintage Voltron Panels?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author What Boats Were Used for the COA Vintage Voltron Panels?
syncretism
The old VV4 I had came with a pretty rugged boat, much sturdier than the Bud enclosures I've seen. I picked up a VV6 without a boat a while ago and, horror of horrors, I resorted to drilling holes and in an R*S boat and fastening the panel with zip ties. It'd be nice to free up that boat for other uses, though - especially if we're only talking a 30, 40-dollar spend for the real thing.

Thanks!
the bad producer
The other one is a Hammond, you can tell the difference as they have angled corners, rather than err not - or something lol, check out Mouser:

546-1444-1773

AFAIK there are only Bud and Hammond for DIY in this size, the BUD has folded over 'square' ends, check the datasheets as people use Bud interchangeably for both!

563-AC-423
dksynth
syncretism wrote:
I resorted to drilling holes and in an R*S boat and fastening the panel with zip ties.

sad banana
Dead Banana

MY ASS IS BLEEDING

help

you do you, hah.
syncretism
dksynth wrote:

you do you, hah.

I'm not proud!
syncretism
the bad producer wrote:
The other one is a Hammond, you can tell the difference as they have angled corners, rather than err not - or something lol, check out Mouser:

546-1444-1773

Legend. Thank you!
teleport
Have found "pem-style" M3 press-in threaded inserts work pretty well with the Hammond cases for creating arbitrarily positioned fastener points for panels.

(can't remember exactly which ones - but any of these look like they'd work)

https://www.mcmaster.com/m3-threaded-insert-press-fit

You need to drill the exact diameter hole to accept the component and then squeeze it into the hole (from the backside of the lip) - using an arbor press or something. A c-clamp (non-wobbly side towards the part), works in a pinch.
dksynth
I've used hand rivet guns like this:

with bud and hammond boats. works great.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1