MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Metal desk question
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Metal desk question
naughtycio
Is it hazardous for my eurorack case and synths to be located on a stainless steel desk? If so, any advice on steps i can take to minimize the hazard? I see that some eurorack cases are metal so im curious how those products avoid any potential concern.
rowsbywoof
If there is any risk it’s because something is horribly wrong with your equipment. No, there is no electrocution risk of using electronics on a metal surface. If you are getting sparking or arcing from your euro setup, get that sorted fast, as that’s a danger on any surface, but if you just mean a stray cable hitting the desk and cooking your bacon? Not gonna happen wink
gtrmstr53
rowsbywoof wrote:
If there is any risk it’s because something is horribly wrong with your equipment. No, there is no electrocution risk of using electronics on a metal surface. If you are getting sparking or arcing from your euro setup, get that sorted fast, as that’s a danger on any surface, but if you just mean a stray cable hitting the desk and cooking your bacon? Not gonna happen wink

Seconding this.
Orgia Mode
Yup, question answered.
Even if you dropped a patch cable and it touched down on your desk, its not likely that anything would happen. Maybe an audible click from your monitors. razz
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1