MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

behringer teases...4-note poly Model-D???
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author behringer teases...4-note poly Model-D???
anselmi
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5MsIDOovUg/
flashheart
No they don't. They've teased something that could be poly. No indication that it's a 4 voice Model D.
Illiac
Seems pretty obvious to me.
Sir Ruff
It’s going to be a 4-voice moog with 3 different filter slopes, and a single set of controls a la Jupiter-4. Midi CC over all front panel controls, and also ability to swap filter cards. Priced at $599. Will also have ability to stack two a la OB 8-voice, or even 3 or 4.
tenembre
flashheart wrote:
No they don't. They've teased something that could be poly. No indication that it's a 4 voice Model D.

Same D logo as on the front of the Model D.
Funch
It also has stereo analog delay, an arpeggiator and sequencer. all in all very similar to a mood matriarch without the keyboard, except it sounds a bit thinner than the moog.
anselmi
flashheart wrote:

hahaha, really?
Sir Ruff
Funch wrote:
It also has stereo analog delay, an arpeggiator and sequencer. all in all very similar to a mood matriarch without the keyboard, except it sounds a bit thinner than the moog.

The arp and sequencer aren’t fully functional right now but should be a simple firmware fix. Also some reports of only one side of analog delay working—people may have to send that board back.
Illiac
@Sir Ruff - you seem to have the inside scoop. Are there beta units floating around? I’m part of the dev team for a 4 voice based on the Model D. Any further info would be appreciated.
Funch
Illiac wrote:
@Sir Ruff - you seem to have the inside scoop. Are there beta units floating around? I’m part of the dev team for a 4 voice based on the Model D. Any further info would be appreciated.
if you watch the teaser video again, all the clues are there. It helps to play it backwards. The backward soundtrack clearly states that the walrus was Uri.
dubnspace
Wait is this info true or not, can’t tell lol..
Funch
dubnspace wrote:
Wait is this info true or not, can’t tell lol..
it been alleged as sir ruff has stated, the arpeggiator and sequencer are in need of a firmware update. The envelopes are not retriggering on faster notes.

And he is allegedly correct, the delay boards need to be replaced because of a delay by the board prototype design team.

Also, the jacks wobble so much that the testers are reporting symptoms close to sickness as the try to plug in patch cables.

If you hear of any other problems please post them here, Uri needs the publicity. Mr. Green
Sir Ruff
Funch wrote:
Illiac wrote:
if you watch the teaser video again, all the clues are there. It helps to play it backwards. The backward soundtrack clearly states that the walrus was Uri.

Yes.. Also, I've heard some reports that big box stores--Walmart, Home Depot--won't be carrying this because of the less than subtle theoretical physics overtones (4 x D = 4-D = 4th dimension) and the risk of offending customers. Smaller distributors are getting nervous. This may end up being a direct order from China.
anselmi
Funch wrote:
The backward soundtrack clearly states that the walrus was Uri.

didn´t you saw the model-D filter board? it says "Uli is dead" under a certain transistor of the ladder circuit

of course the man you know as him is actually a...

...you know what hihi
nectarios

4 note D then
Flounderguts
Yup. Nice piece of kit. Not on the Behringer site yet, so no idea on how many dineros it will remove from yr wallet.
blinosynth
Omfg hyper
And now a pro 1 poly twisted
Monofunk
New Behringer synth every couple of days. What's next?
everydaycurry
If it's Odyssey price, take my money just for bigger knobs and a keyboard.
bradpickapiper
this is starting to get hilarious!
ugokcen
I’m guessing under $500. The original Minilogue was $500 when it first came out and that was “true” polyphony.

It sounds good, the quality is probably ok, but the design feels a bit rushed. The sequencer could have had the 16 steps laid out, there’s plenty of space there. The arp could have used some knobs for real-time manipulation of patterns and octaves. DS-1 on a moog oscillator is overkill, they should have gone for a subtle saturation circuit like the CP3 mixer. Perhaps the biggest missed opportunity is a stereo filter, like the one on the Voyager or the Matriarch.

I like what behringer are doing, bringing back the classics, but I wished they didn’t feel like they have to release a new product every month.
ludotex
ugokcen wrote:
I’m guessing under $500. The original Minilogue was $500 when it first came out and that was “true” polyphony.

It sounds good, the quality is probably ok, but the design feels a bit rushed. The sequencer could have had the 16 steps laid out, there’s plenty of space there. The arp could have used some knobs for real-time manipulation of patterns and octaves. DS-1 on a moog oscillator is overkill, they should have gone for a subtle saturation circuit like the CP3 mixer. Perhaps the biggest missed opportunity is a stereo filter, like the one on the Voyager or the Matriarch.

I like what behringer are doing, bringing back the classics, but I wished they didn’t feel like they have to release a new product every month.

100% agree.
The POLY title is misleading as it is paraphonic.
And what a missed opportunity with the sequencer. They kept that mother32 copy from the crave. I mean if Moog were doing a sequencer now they would probably have learned from their mistake and made a more pratical one.
Sounds and look decent though. It's cool that went with the big fat knobs too.
Chopper
blinosynth wrote:
Omfg hyper
And now a pro 1 poly twisted

that was the prophet 5. although different on many levels...
Xmit
Quote:
The POLY title is misleading as it is paraphonic.

yeah - & can't believe they therefore missed out on the option of naming it the PARA-D .... though maybe that would've been a piss-take too far even for Uli. hihi
tehyar
The polyphonic is a lie! sad banana
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 1 of 7