MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

best or worst time to sell?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author best or worst time to sell?
STD
Is this a bad time of year (nov-dec) to be selling gear? It’s not like every kid in America is asking Santa for some eurorack modules, right? I’m looking for cash money and most of my wealth is in synth bouillon.
oldgearguy
STD wrote:
Is this a bad time of year (nov-dec) to be selling gear? It’s not like every kid in America is asking Santa for some eurorack modules, right? I’m looking for cash money and most of my wealth is in synth bouillon.


I've always thought November through March was generally a poor time to maximize your sales.
rowsbywoof
Yeah, I'd agree. Good time to buy, but bad time to sell. A lot of stuff hits the market to make way for holiday expenses and usually the next few months are a great time to get deals on stuff people need to fire-sale because cash is tight.
chess1
Then again more people are inside and buying so it is a time to sell as well. I resell full time and can say that things are moving come November. Getting top dollar though might be an issue.
tehyar
After Jan can be good because tax returns.
Sir Ruff
chess1 wrote:
Then again more people are inside and buying so it is a time to sell as well. I resell full time and can say that things are moving come November. Getting top dollar though might be an issue.


What are your seller names?
Koekepan
According to Warren Buffett:

"Our favorite holding period is forever."



Just imagine the size of his modular setup.
Illwiggle
I wouldnt let thoughts like this stop me. You never know. Obv it depends on what you’re moving, but Id say Now is a good a time as any to sell
GuyaGuy
Here’s how the pros do it: Put stuff up for sale. If it doesn’t sell by December keep it up for sale.
Blairio
I haven't put that many modules up for sale, but the ones that actually sold went pretty quickly. The ones that didn't .. I still have. Timing definitely plays a part: I made the rooky mistake of putting my Braids up for sale just after Plaits came out, and the market was flooded with second hand Braids.
onthebandwagon
Not sure how relative it is but the last couple weeks I’ve seen a few grandmothers on reverb for less than 700$.
Blairio
onthebandwagon wrote:
Not sure how relative it is but the last couple weeks I’ve seen a few grandmothers on reverb for less than 700$.


Ah, that will be the 'Matriarch' effect. I really fancy a Matriarch, but I wouldn't sell my Grandmother (groan) to buy one.

Moog recently issued a firmware update for the GM, plus some patches by Lisa Bella Donna - great patches,
onthebandwagon
Blairio wrote:
onthebandwagon wrote:
Not sure how relative it is but the last couple weeks I’ve seen a few grandmothers on reverb for less than 700$.


Ah, that will be the 'Matriarch' effect. I really fancy a Matriarch, but I wouldn't sell my Grandmother (groan) to buy one.

Moog recently issued a firmware update for the GM, plus some patches by Lisa Bella Donna - great patches,


I’ve been tempted to get one but have a hydrasynth and now recently a Osmose on preorder, but in a way that makes me want one more...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group