MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Behringer ms101 ms1 glide when playing sequencer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Behringer ms101 ms1 glide when playing sequencer
amnesia
Any ideas on how to get the Behringer ms101 ms1 glide to work when playing sequencer?
syzygywell
My understanding is the glide is not working properly. I can't recall if there is a work around there is a huge thread going on GS about it.

I'm feeling disappointed with mine. The sweet top end that defines the 101 for me isn't there and I'm thinking of swapping it out for the boutique.
dude
looking forward to an update to fix this

hi syz!
syzygywell
Hey Dude! How are you?! How are you feeling about the ms1? I think it’s built wonderfully but it’s just feeling off to me.
dude
i have mixed feelings about it. i started to write this big post about all of them upon seeing this thread but then deleted all my thoughts and just went up to studio and a/b'd them. i definitely like the old sequencer far better (it works lol) but they play very well together. in the same general ballpark of sound (which i give big credit as an achievement). the tiny remarks are that the eg feels different the filter feels different the sequencer is very different (i hope they fix some of that!) BUT when i dial in a sound, i can duplicate it to the point of indistinguishability on the new one, i can literally confuse myself as to which produced the straight ahead simple sh101 sounds. all in all it is a total keeper despite minor things. please i hope they improve the sequencer as i hate it and so silly to have 32 step length limit while having all those memory slots and a rather confusing bit of "features". i think it should have 99 steps and working savable everything available. i think the rachets save but the glide doesn't.

it feels nice, i use it. great for basically a duophonic sh101 sound or to play some bach (i can't actually do that but it is an amazing use case).
syzygywell
That's interesting because I can get them to sound a like within a certain frequency range and then it's all bets are off, once the resonance noise and filter and pushed they don't sound alike to me. In fact the noise and resonance sound totally different to me. I did this demo for Rico Loverde because he asked about the differences I was experiencing.

https://soundcloud.com/instruments-of-flight/sh101-vs-ms1
dude
yeah i should clarify, i don't use noise too much except making drum sounds and i am flexible about that use case. noise definitely is off, filter range/calibration is so far off, eg as well. so it can nail some simple sounds, just that the settings will be different. the takeaway for me is that it is a very capable cheap synth. i allow a blu clone-ish to sit near my original red sh101. they are totally friends and they are both stronger because of the partnership. the cost was minimal (to say the least). it may be that the boutique sounds or behaves closer but i strongly dislike using minikeys or touching tiny things in musically useful scenarios (except cgppm n sk1). and the color combo (viva la france) brings joy i have however covered all b logos with pink sparkly material. i've not reached the point where i welcome seeing the b logo or desiring any free advertising for them. but in the end im grateful to have this knockoff, it helps my little musical world immensely.

i'd be lying if i didn't mention that i really want one of those sb01 too. and if i did that i might (depending on how midi is implemented) be able to get rid of b.

mostly i just love sh101 so much for being a wonderfully useful simple synth that as yet never ceases to function musically. it's cool to me that it now has flavors and a deeper than ever before impact and breath of life as it is my most cold dead hands of all synths ive ever met (despite being a tiny plastic pos MY ASS IS BLEEDING )
umma gumma
syzygywell wrote:
That's interesting because I can get them to sound a like within a certain frequency range and then it's all bets are off, once the resonance noise and filter and pushed they don't sound alike to me. In fact the noise and resonance sound totally different to me. I did this demo for Rico Loverde because he asked about the differences I was experiencing.

listening, very interesting but I wish you had made the L/R vol levels equal?

there is a huge disparity between L & R volumes, and human ear hears things differently based on volume

*edit* I think?? maybe one of my ears is going deaf
syzygywell
Mine is blue as well. I'm considering just picking up the boutique I think it gets closer and is paraphonic as well. Don't get me wrong there are some cool things this synth does that the SH101 can't but it's so far the most off of all the releases Uli has done. I'm praying the Pro One is bang on. I really don't think the originals were built that well and don't want to pay for one.

That said I'm interested in the VP340 too. I'm totally out of space and need to get a Jasper stand to go over my rhodes piano.
syzygywell
umma gumma wrote:
syzygywell wrote:

listening, very interesting but I wish you had made the L/R vol levels equal?

there is a huge disparity between L & R volumes, and human ear hears things differently based on volume

Ok That should be fixed now. I recorded at the same volume and when it was coming through the master channel it sounded even but you are right the SH101 is much louder I had to drop it by 10dbs to get them about even when I looked closer at the channels.
umma gumma
ok, cool; thx for doing that!
computer controlled
What's the problem with the portamento?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1